6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2009 2:47 AM by colledgi

Restrict Registration to group emails

Is there an option in the System Admin Console to

restrict user registration in communities

to certain email addresses eg. ending with gmail.com

• Re: Restrict Registration to group emails

No, however this would be a rather easy customization. I can help you with the correct integration points if you would like.

Sorry I tried doing a post via email, it looks it failed for some reason. I am posting again:

Either by creating a new plugin or using the source build:

• Extend com.jivesoftware.community.action.CreateProfile

• Override the validate method

public void validate() {
              super.validate()
              if (getEmail() != null && !getEmail().contains("gmail.com")) {
                addActionError(getText("account.err.invalidDomain"));
              }
            }

• If you are using a plugin add the following to your xwork-plugin, if you are using the source build

add it to the xwork-custom-actions.xml

<xwork>
             <package name="myactions" namespace="" extends="community-actions">
                  <action name="account" class="com.example.MyCreateProfileAction">
                       <result name="unavailable">/template/global/registration-unavailable.ftl</result>
                       <result name="cancel" type="redirect">index.jspa</result>
                       <result name="input">/template/global/create-profile.ftl</result>
                       <result name="success" type="redirect">account-success.jspa</result>
                   </action>
             </package>
            </xwork>

Ryan Rutan

Andrew,

Do you add this to the xwork-community-custom.xml or xwork-custom-actions.xml?  I see both the XML files in the distribution, but only see the xwork-community-custom.xml included during startup in the LifeCycle?  Are these synonyms for the same file (one being old...one being new?)

Just wanted to add my +1 to this.

Would be very handy to allow partner/customer organisations to self register in respective communities but not to open the self register process up to the world. For example you want to invite a partner to your partner community and let people self register but only with emails that are in the list i.e. name@acme.com.