1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2007 2:48 PM by andrew2

Cleraspace webservices client jar includes too many files

The 1.7 clearspace webservices client jar contains files like commons-logging.properties and rome.properties that cause a web application in Resin (at least) to use those for configuartion of logging and RSS production isntead of the ones inside the web applications classes directory.  When I removed these files, the host application went back to normal.  I believe that the jive-clearspacex-webservices.jar has too many files in it to begin with. 

Separately, is it really necessary to require all those jars to use the webservices?

• Re: Cleraspace webservices client jar includes too many files
          mattdz wrote:

The 1.7 clearspace webservices client jar contains files like commons-logging.properties and rome.properties that cause a web application in Resin (at least) to use those for configuartion of logging and RSS production isntead of the ones inside the web applications classes directory.  When I removed these files, the host application went back to normal.  I believe that the jive-clearspacex-webservices.jar has too many files in it to begin with. 

Yes it does have a lot of files. In the earlier versions I would rip all those I didn't need, but it was was a bit of a maintenance/testing headache.

You are probably ok if you keep only the following:

• com.jivesoftware.community.webservices.* (minus server and xmlrpc directories)

• Anything subclassing Exception

• JiveConstants.class

Separately, is it really necessary to require all those jars to use the webservices?

You will need to include all of the client jars that XFire client will need.