4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2007 5:28 PM by ajohnson1200

Top Users feed?

I'm looking for a way to place the Top X users list elsewhere on our site (outside clearspace).  Is there a rss feed, or Community Everywhere type of widget that I can use to do this?

Bill

• Re: Top Users feed?

hi Bill,

We don't currently have a feed or widget for this yet, although it's a great idea.  I can think of a couple ways you could do this today:

1. you could write a Clearspace plugin that creates the feed, I'd be happy to help you get started in the API if you're interested

2. you could write some code that requested the people page that has users sorted by status and grab the content of the div with ID = jive-people-results (this would probably be brittle and would require more work on your part, but it's one way you could do it)

3. you could have our PS team do the customization for you.

Cheers,

AJ

Hey Aaron,

Yes, I'd be interested in writing a plugin for this.  If you can get me started that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

hey Bill,

Don't start thinking that I forgot about you writing a plugin for this. Here's a start:

1. create a Clearspace plugin

2. create an action that extends RssActionSupport and that implements FeedAction

3. take a look at the source for StatusLevelLeadersAction for an example of how to get the top users

4. take a look at the source for RSSCombinedContent for an example of how to create a feed

5. create your action and deploy it

6. get your feed by going to http://example.com/clearspace/youraction.jspa

Ping me if you run into any problems.

Cheers,

AJ

dawn

I would love to have this for Jivespace and Ignite, so if someone does create it, sharing is good