3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2007 3:17 AM by shannon2

Registration Settings -> Terms and Conditions, missing features

The requirement I have been given is that all clearspace users need to accept a set of terms and conditions before they can use the site.  This would seem to be a great match for the Terms and Conditions Registration settings. Unfortunately in this case all of the users are created by the admin and the terms and conditions acceptance only seems to appear on the sign up screen. 

What I think is needed is some way to redirect users to this screen on first login if they haven't already accepted the conditions.  (Is this flag actually stored in the user profile, or is the fact that a user got created currently used as the indicator that they have accepted the terms and conditions?)  Another use case I can see is if the admin of the site wishes to update or modify the terms and conditions in the future there needs to be some way to force users to tick that they accept the new conditions on next login etc.

Another thing I think is missing is that there should be a terms and conditions link added to the footer if is defined.  This would probably the easiest to implement myself in the theme if someone can point out what object holds the information.

• Re: Registration Settings -> Terms and Conditions, missing features
          Curtis Gross

Another thing I think is missing is that there should be a terms and conditions link added to the footer if is defined.  This would probably the easiest to implement myself in the theme if someone can point out what object holds the information.

The footer is located within the template/decorator/default/template.ftl

hi Shannon,

Curtis mentioned the template you'll want to edit to add a link to the terms and condition. The template that you can customize to add a requirement that they click a button when registering is /template/global/create-profile.ftl  You could probably do this all via themes by editing that template and by adding a client side validation routine that only enables the 'create profile' when the 'agree to terms and condition' checkbox has been checked.

Cheers,

AJ

<span class="jive-thread-reply-body-container">/template/global/create-profile.ftl   (from what I can tell) is only used when a new user is signing up, and already displays the terms and conditions if they have been setup in the registration settings in the admin menu.  In the case I've been asked to look into, the users will have already been created (imported from another system) so they won't go through that create-profile screen.

At this stage it looks like the best I can do is a link in the page footer, and possibly some extra text in the welcome email sent out when the users are created.