5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2008 4:44 PM by dky

Everybody's a blog author?

Hello:  Is there a way to turn on blog authoring abilities for everybody in the system or by group?  During the Quickstart I was shown "how" to do this, but it didn't seem to work.

Daniel

• Re: Everybody's a blog author?

Hey Daniel,

Can you clarify what you mean by "blog authoring abilities"? If you mean "give everyone the ability to create a blog," then you can give registered users that ability in the admin console. In the console, go to Blogs > Permissions.

• To give all registered users the ability to create their own blog, on the Permission Summary tab select the check box under Create Blog for registered users.

• To give a particular user or group the ability to create a blog, click the Grant New Permission tab. There, select the Create Blog check box, then select the Specific User or Specific Group check box and enter the user or group name you want. Finally, click Grant New Permission.

Steve

I did that earlier and it didn't seem to have been working, but it is working now so no worries!  Thanks for the prompt response.

I spoke too soon.  This isn't working.  I have registered users check boxes in the read and create blogs section but there are still some group blogs people can't post to unless they are explicitly listed as an author.

but there are still some group blogs people can't post to unless they are explicitly listed as an author

That's by design: both group blogs and personal blogs require that you associate individual users to be authors on the blog. The permissions that Steve mentioned earlier only deal with the ability to create a blog (not to create a blog post) and read a blog / blog post.

Cheers,

AJ

I think I'm having a similar issue... (and I'm using Clearspace 2.5)...

Is there a way for me to create a group so that anyone can post to it's blog without first becoming a member of the group?

Asking people to click "join this group" before being able to post to it seems like a burden - and will limit participation in this group.

Alternatively - is there any way to make a group consider everyone in the system a member? (And also to automatically add new users to the group). [although this solution seems a bit hacky.]

Thanks,

david