1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 18, 2012 9:29 AM by bchamberlain

JIVE data security statement

achapel

I understand how we can customise the T&Cs that users are faced with when accessing JIVE for the first time but does JIVE have a standard policy on processing data etc that the user has access to on the login screen or anywhere within JIVE? (privacy statement / any or security statement).

The examples we have seen so far are around terms of use and not explicitly referring to processing of data.

• Re: JIVE data security statement
          bchamberlain

We recently raised similar questions with Jive as we have users (internal community) around the world and the question around EU data privacy rules was raised. Here’s my high level understanding:

·        We are hosted and SunGard is SAS70 and Safe Harbor certified.

·        We are waiting to hear back on a question we have regarding where the data backups are stored.

·        What I am hearing from our compliance group is that there is language we can include in our T&C that addresses the data privacy questions. If users agree to the T&C, we are covered.

·        I am assuming you will want your HR, Compliance, and/or legal groups to review any language.

Bill Chamberlain

630-955-8901 (work)