2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 1:50 PM by mmansberger

The role of 'Brand Police' in the employee community?

mmansberger

I'm curious to find out if other internal community managers have run-ins with their company's brand police.  I believe that anything external facing should be within brand, but internal facing designs should allow a dept or individual to show a little bit of personality.  We have an awesome Design Team that creates content for both internal and external needs, but the internal content (for example, a header image for a dept's space) always ends up look too on-brand (and boring).  And when someone successfully gets one of our designers to create something 'cool', a higher-up will notice it and request we take it down.  Thoughts on this?  Anyone have similar occurrences?

• Re: The role of 'Brand Police' in the employee community?
          crossman

In your scenario, does the Brand Police then work with that particular space's owner to work up an image that IS in brand compliance?  And I presume you're involving the space's owner/admin as part of the discussion?  Do those folks have a style guide that the space owners can look at/leverage?

In general, we respect the Brand Police's role as the "enforcers". If they were unwilling to help with "brand compliant" material then I feel they would have less credibility to reasonably enforce things.