16 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2013 11:41 AM by DZipfel

Native iPad app?

Ryan Rutan suggested you might have more info on the future release of an iPad version of your Jive mobile app. When can we expect this release?

• Re: Native iPad app?

The iPad app shown at JiveWorld was actually the HTML5-based mobile web app that we released a couple months later in mid-December.  It is included in the Jive Mobile product for Jive 5.0.1+ communities.  We will add native capabilities to the app in Q3 much like we just did for the iPhone app.

Potential

Hi Brian - Am I doing something wrong when viewing the Jive Community from my iPad?  I don't get a 'mobile' view, just the standard 'desktop view.  As previously mentioned, Mobile Safari support is poor (unsupported?) and I find myself unable to use the JC on the go, especially checking in on support caes.  Before the upgrade I was at least able to browse, now I only see the first post in the case and no replies.

How do I access the tablet version?

The automatic redirection into the mobile-optimized UI is off for the iPad for the Jive Community.   You have to explicitly navigate to community.jive-mobile.com to reach it.

the issue with the missing comments is being worked on and is a byproduct of the recent JC upgrade. 

ErinLouise

Is this app available now?

Potential

Why would redirection be disabled for the iPad?  Is there a plan to change that with 6?  I was never able to really use the Community for more than browsing before the upgrade (ex. the reply buttons never worked).