12 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 10:12 AM by GinaB RSS

Implementing an exit survey?

kalync

Has anyone implemented an exit survey within their external community using SurveyMonkey or another third-party tool?  Any advice or best practice suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-K

• Re: Implementing an exit survey?
          GinaB

I'd love to know the same thing. I'd like to ask 2 questions to users when they exit, but I only want to ask repeat users once per month.  That is, I don't want the survey to appear every time they exit. 

mnevill

We implemented the SurveyMonkey popup on exit and have been getting great data out of it.  The survey seems to trigger more often than we want (we don't want it to repeat for a given user until 2 week cookie expires), which has resulted in some complaints but I think it was just something we had set wrong that has hopefully been fixed now.  Regardless we have gotten more and better feedback with this than anything else we have tried previously. 

To keep it simple these are the only questions we ask:

1 - Did you find your answer? (Yes, No, N/A)

2 - Would you have contacted support? (Yes, No, N/A)

3 - Rate your online experience. (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor,N/A)

4 - Comments

Thanks,
            Matt

chl_meg

Hi Matt,

Would you mind sharing a link to one of your pages so we can see the survey?

Also, have you noticed if you've had any problems with people on Chrome? We've been told that Chrome blocks all pop-ups by default. So, we've found it a challenge to find a survey that is both easy to implement and doesn't accidentally exclude large groups of users.

Meg

GinaB

Hey Matt,

thanks for sharing your experience.  I only want my users to get the survey once a quarter, if possible.  I was going to strictly go for the NPS type of questions, but the below – particularly about contacting support – are really valuable.

Gina