2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 6:11 PM by skwildermarketo

Weeding out duplicates in your community

Hello All -

I'm interested to learn about best practices for preventing duplicate or nearly-duplicate groups and subspaces in Jive. I was under the impression that social communities would naturally weed out duplicates as members found the most pertinent/interesting content and flocked to it. But as I'm new to the community management game, I am interested to know how proactively I should be searching for duplicates and weeding them out.

Thanks!

Paris Barker

Nuance Communications

• Re: Weeding out duplicates in your community
          christy.schoon

I'm cleaning up some oldies but goodies and this is a goody!

Cleaning up duplicate groups is a manual process but easily manageable if you handle it on a regularly scheduled basis.  I like to do it first thing Friday mornings with a recurring 30 minute event on my calendar.  Because I do it weekly it goes quickly and you don't end up with a duplicate that is gaining ground.  You just run the Places Activity report in the CMR, export it to CSV, and filter by create date.  Take a look at the groups created in the last week and evaluate them.  Here's the flow I follow:

new_group_audit.png

The added benefit is you can also catch any potentially inappropriate groups, whether they violate code of conduct or aren't allowed by governance in your org (like social interest groups).