1 person found this helpful
Here are a few books, posts and videos that I found useful when I started out as an internal community manager.
- The Art of Community by Jono Bacon: This is available for free download under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike Non-Commercial license.
- Online Community Management for Dummies isn’t a bad starter’s guide and has some practical tips and suggestions definitely worth noting.
- 40 Great Resources for Developing a Community Management Strategy compiled by Venessa Miemis has some really good stuff. Although a couple of years old, the posts are still useful and relevant sources of reference. She has also compiled a list of blogs that CMs can refer to.
- Delicious stack on Community Management: Links of posts and articles I found useful.
- Community Management: The Strategic New IT-Enabled Business Capability by Dion Hinchcliffe
- Community management: The 'essential' capability of successful Enterprise 2.0 efforts by Dion Hinchcliffe
- How to Build an Online Community by Vanessa DiMauro
- 11 Social Media Yodas Define Community Management “Passion” by Baochi Nguyen
- Who's To Blame For A Failed Community? by Claire Flanagan
- Social Software Is Not Enough by Rachel Happe
- Community Managers are Human Experience (HX) Professionals by Rachel Happe
- Top 15 Ways to Kills an Online Community -- Again by Vanessa DiMauro
- Community Managers’ Reading List: 27 Books fromQuiip
- Why You Need to Foster Community at Work by Shawn Murphy
Hope this helps...
great list of resources! Thanks Sahana.
Wow, Sahana! This is a fantastic list and a great thing to start my week out with! Thanks so much!
Thanks, Guy. I'll check it out when I have a moment.
Tribes: we need you to lead us, by Seth Godin. More inspirational than "how to", but well worth it. Highly recommend, it's a quick read, and I plan to quote from it regularly for my work blog.