12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2018 10:07 AM by b.taub

Report on answers

mnevill

I am a self admitted newb with the analytics module.  Can someone help me out with the Objects/filters I would need in a query to see how many of the following we had over a given date range?

Questions marked as assumed answered

Questions marked as assumed answered with helpful answers

Questions marked with a correct answer

Questions marked with a correct answer and helpful answers

Questions not marked as assumed answered or correct but with helpful answers

Questions not marked as assumed answered or correct and no helpful answers

Do I just need Activity Date, Activity Count, and Activity Type ID?  What are the IDs I would need to use to differentiate between assumed, correct, and helpful?  Any help would be appreciated (especially a screenshot).

Thanks,
      Matt

• Re: Report on answers

You should definitely look into implementing the Community Manager Reports Plug-In if you have not yet done so. It covers all of the above both at the community level and at a global level across all of Jive. I attached an overview of the plugin below.

Also Jive Support , I have encountered countless issues with the report preview feature rendering content correctly. It's one heck of a sweet feature and works great most of the time. However, the attached doc above is a good example of it not working though if you need something for QA to troubleshoot with.

mnevill

Brian,

CMR is great and we have it installed, but it does not have the granularity to separate some of these out in the fashion I listed.  The only one out of my list it would be accurate for is "Questions marked with a correct answer".  If anyone knows how to do something simple like this in the analytics module I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Matt

cservilio

Hi Matt,

To answer one of your original questions, the activity type associated with a correct answer is RESOLVED (300) and the activity type associated with a helpful answer is AIDED (290).  I don't know how to return "assumed answered" questions.

To run a report that will return the number of new questions in a given time period, you could set up a report with a variable that would basically count an Object ID where the Activity Type for that question is CREATE.  That would then show you how many new questions have been created.  (variable = Count([Object ID] where ([Activity Type]="CREATE"))).  You could then do a similar variable to show you how many were resolved, except in this case activity type ="RESOLVED".  And same with AIDED.  So for this report you also need Object ID, along with the ones you mentioned.  You also need to set up a filter of Object Type=27, so you can be limited to Questions.

I hope this is helpful.  Dave Sullivan helped us with it!

mnevill

Caitlin - thanks for the response.  I will give it a shot.

Keeley Sorokti

Benjamin Taub -- do you know if we can design a custom view in the 411 Labs Insite product that shows the number of closed questions that have are Assumed Answered as opposed to having a Correct Answer marked? Starting do a deeper analysis of Q&A in our community and this 'Assumed Answered' problem outlined over here in these ideas seems to be a stumbling block when I look at the Answered Questions reports in Community Manager reports.

Track "Assumed Answered" Questions in CMR

Track "Assumed Answered" Questions in CMR (2)

Tracy Maurer

b.taub

Thanks Keely,

So a couple of things:
                              1. We do track what Matt is asking for, although to clarify - "Questions marked as assumed answered with helpful answers" is sort self-referential.  The thing that flips the Assumed Answered toggle is that the Question has the number of answers marked as Helpful that you have established in the Admin Console.  Put another way, you can't have a Question set to Assumed Answered with 0 Answers marked as Helpful.

2. As you can see in the screenshot from InSite, the APIs return "resolved", "assumed_resolved", and "open" instead of "Answered" (or "Correct"), "Assumed Answered", and "Unanswered".  The screen also shows the number of responses and the number of "Helpful" responses.

3. We can produce the rest of Matt's requests as CVs - either in a combined report or in separate reports

4. I'm sorry, but I don't have access to those Ideas, since as a Partner, we are not considered a Customer and I'm assuming that the Ideas are posted in a Customer Only access area.  But in general, we agree that Assumed Answered can result in what I would call a false positive about if it is Actually Answered.  Definitely need the Assumed Answered report in order to have SMEs lean in and actually review the Assumed Answered question responses to either mark one of them as Correct, or actually post a correct response that is then marked correct.

Hope that helps,

Ben

1 person found this helpful
                                  Keeley Sorokti

Thanks as always Ben. I got into Insite after posting this and foudn the assumed_resolved option in the Data > Jive Content > Discussions data export and then was able to put in my variables and am reviewing the data now.

Now I need to dig into what you are saying about Assumed Answered as I'm pretty sure I've marked questions as Assumed Answered even if none of the responses are marked Helpful. There are often questions that have multiple answers and the correct answer is a combination of all of them. I usually mark those as assumed answered if nobody has taken the time to create the "official correct answer".

b.taub

Keeley,

You are correct, as an Admin, you can mark Questions as Assumed Answered directly.  I forgot about that.  So my item #2 above is moot.  The auto-marking threshold trigger is set in the Admin console: System>Settings>Structured Outcomes

I suspect we could start a rumble here with CMs taking sides about marking something "Assumed Answered" vs "Correct". The other issue, which is really pretty subtle is that technically Assumed Answered occurs at the Question level and it is an individual response that is marked as "Correct", and you can only mark one response as Correct - which goes to your point about a totality of Helpful responses being "Correct".