8 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2012 3:33 PM by mnevill

Report on answers

mnevill

I am a self admitted newb with the analytics module.  Can someone help me out with the Objects/filters I would need in a query to see how many of the following we had over a given date range?

Questions marked as assumed answered

Questions marked as assumed answered with helpful answers

Questions marked with a correct answer

Questions marked with a correct answer and helpful answers

Questions not marked as assumed answered or correct but with helpful answers

Questions not marked as assumed answered or correct and no helpful answers

Do I just need Activity Date, Activity Count, and Activity Type ID?  What are the IDs I would need to use to differentiate between assumed, correct, and helpful?  Any help would be appreciated (especially a screenshot).

Thanks,
      Matt

• Re: Report on answers
          roginsb

You should definitely look into implementing the Community Manager Reports Plug-In if you have not yet done so. It covers all of the above both at the community level and at a global level across all of Jive. I attached an overview of the plugin below.

roginsb

Also jivesupport , I have encountered countless issues with the report preview feature rendering content correctly. It's one heck of a sweet feature and works great most of the time. However, the attached doc above is a good example of it not working though if you need something for QA to troubleshoot with.

mnevill

Brian,

CMR is great and we have it installed, but it does not have the granularity to separate some of these out in the fashion I listed.  The only one out of my list it would be accurate for is "Questions marked with a correct answer".  If anyone knows how to do something simple like this in the analytics module I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Matt

cservilio

Hi Matt,

To answer one of your original questions, the activity type associated with a correct answer is RESOLVED (300) and the activity type associated with a helpful answer is AIDED (290).  I don't know how to return "assumed answered" questions.

To run a report that will return the number of new questions in a given time period, you could set up a report with a variable that would basically count an Object ID where the Activity Type for that question is CREATE.  That would then show you how many new questions have been created.  (variable = Count([Object ID] where ([Activity Type]="CREATE"))).  You could then do a similar variable to show you how many were resolved, except in this case activity type ="RESOLVED".  And same with AIDED.  So for this report you also need Object ID, along with the ones you mentioned.  You also need to set up a filter of Object Type=27, so you can be limited to Questions.

I hope this is helpful.  Dave Sullivan helped us with it!