1 Reply Latest reply: May 3, 2012 3:04 PM by mstoner15 RSS

Spelling error in Error message

oplatek

It seems there is a slight misspelling in the error message presented when editing QuickLinks (and adding an external/invalid link).

As shown in the below screenshot, the error currently reads "insure" when it should read "ensure".

Screen Shot 2012-05-03 at 2.30.21 PM.png

• Re: Spelling error in Error message
          mstoner15

Hi Olivia,

Since we are all working together in a global community, I think this error deserves a pass. Spelling and Grammar moderation would be more suitable for maybe a linguistics forum. Yes?

I'm truly at how many people around the globe make the effort to provide support in the English language.

As a native American, I will be the first to admit that we are the lazy ones when it comes to learning not only a second, but third language like many of our global partners and colleagues.

Just to clarify, I can fully understand someone mistaking the difference between the two words based on the definitions:

Ensure = Make certain that (something) shall occur or be the case.

Insure = To make certain especially by taking necessary measures and precautions.

So if everything else is functioning besides your broken links, you are ahead of the game.

Best wishes!