10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2012 11:16 AM by cusdenia

Web Sites That Bring More to Jive Anywhere

cgrassi

Some sites are "special" to Jive Anywhere so I thought this would be good information to bring forward from the Jive Documentation with some examples.

It may also be good to get a running list of these going forward as I'm sure the module will grow more intelligent over time.  Perhaps someone can turn this into a document.

Jive Anywhere integrates more deeply with certain web sites, such as LinkedIn.com, Salesforce.com and Techcrunch.com.

Certain web sites are more like modules because Jive Anywhere absorbs some of the informaiton from that site so it can be used in your community when you create a discussion about it.

SiteExample

Techcrunch.com

When viewing an article on techcrunch.com, the Community tab will be changed to the About This Page tab. All content from the community that contains the URL or the article title will appear under this tab.

Screen Shot 2012-05-04 at 15.28.43.png

Linkedin.com

When viewing a profile on linkedin.com, the Community tab will be changed to the name of the person you are viewing on linkedin. All content from the community that contains the URL or the person you are viewing on LinkedIn will appear under this tab.

Screen Shot 2012-05-03 at 23.25.44.png

Salesforce.com

When viewing an account on salesforce.com the community tab will be changed to the About the Account tab. This tab will show all content from the community that contains the URL or the account you are viewing on Salesforce. When you click one of the items, a special Salesforce Jview tab opens showing a table containing available account fields and their data. When viewing opportunities on salesforce.com, you'll see an About the Opportunity tab that shows all content in the community mentioning that opportunity.

Screen Shot 2012-05-03 at 23.40.51.png

Jive Communities

Depending on the versions and what you are sharing Jive platform sites also seems to receive some special treatment.  This is not documented officially though (that I could find)

Screen Shot 2012-05-04 at 15.43.30.png