1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2012 1:21 PM by ridingo

Why Social Business Keeps Failing to Deliver | Social Enterprise Today - StumbleUpon

Ryan Rutan

Why Social Business Keeps Failing to Deliver | Social Enterprise Today

socialenterprisetoday.com

Sunday 25 Mar 2012

As we look to the future, I see a landscape painted with people working smarter, not necessarily harder.  Eliminating waste and streamlining process are paramount for us to realize this future, and what better place to start than with one of the largest expenses:  people.  Enter social business.

Personally, I feel that the value of social business stems from a symbiotic relationship, not a mutually exclusive one, between "the business" and its people.  Making it justifiable for ANY organization to further invest in its people and achieve a financially beneficial outcome; IMO, this is called a WIN-WIN scenario.

"What kind of legacy are we planning on handing over to them (next generation of knowledge workers) when we are all gone?"  My answer:  Businesses that opt to inspire and empower their people, rather than command and marginalize their resources.

What are your thoughts on the topic(s)?

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2iRg5O/socialenterprisetoday.com/blog/posts/Why-Social-Business-Keeps-Failing-to-Deliver/

Shared with Jive Anywhere