3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 4:52 AM by Sumeet Moghe RSS

Import CSV file for Membership?

Melissa Rosen

Am I correct in thinking that importing a CSV file will allow me to Invite a "bulk" load of members at one time-- but not automatically make them members? This functionality isn't working right now for us, so I can't test it, but I want to make sure I at least understand it!

• Re: Import CSV file for Membership?
          Kathryn Everest

Hi Melissa! You can invite members using a CSV file - but no - it doesn't make them join the group.  However Ryan Rutan has a plugin Admin Essentials Plugin which forces the user into the group (bypassing the invitation process). 

Melissa Rosen

cool. that makes sense. we most likely won't get to use the Admin essentials plugin because it's unsupported. In some ways that might be good-- it will force some folks to make sure their community is voluntarily joining, rather than pushing emails to them via the "push" method!

Sumeet Moghe

We wrote a plugin that allows us to directly add and email subscribe users to a group. We had to do this because the process of team collaboration (where subscribing to a group shouldn't be a matter of choice) is a bit long drawn. Owner invites people to group, they click a link in email, then they login to the system and then they click join and if they live in email then they click "receive email notifications".

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.11.16 AM-1.png

We've placed this as a tab on the groups page - we expect to add more functionality on this tab later. If you have some developer capacity, I'd think you can add on this functionality too. I'd love to share the plugin with you, but as of now I can't and I guess it wouldn't help either since you need a supported plugin.

Sumeet