4 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2012 12:35 PM by mnevill

promoting fast answers

I wanted to get some feedback before I created an idea to flesh some stuff out.  I was thinking that it would be cool to have a tweak for the point system where if someone responded with an answer within a certain amount of time they could get more points and after the time limit expired they would get normal points.  This sort of ties in with my other idea of Power up pass for double points but is different by the fact this would be a permanent setting instead of a temporary offer. 

The basic use case I was thinking was if a user makes a reply within 24 hours they get double the normal points given.  This would apply not only to points awarded for making a reply, but also account for if their answer is selected as Helpful or Correct.  I think this would help motivate people to stay tuned in to new posts, but also and more importantly try to answer or help out if they know a possible solution.  One downside I see is the real super users could use this to get so far ahead no one could touch them.  Anyone else have any thoughts (good or bad)?