2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 12:53 PM by mstoner15 RSS

Can I blog into a background image?

mstoner15

Greetings All,

This is a long shot but can I insert a text box into a background image in a Blog? I want to enhance the look of a blog with a background image and wanted to know if anyone has done this. Think Layers like Adobe and first layer being the background image, then 2nd layer would host the type.

I know this is possible in other Desktop design software but wanted to know if anyone found a quick work around for this in Jive Blogs.

Still learning and loving it after 4 months on JIVE. I'm going to try and find time to explore this but thought it might help to ask.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. :-)

• Re: Can I blog into a background image?
          Kevin Jones

You can in an HTML widget, but the HTML in the RTE in a doc/discussion/blog post is more restrictive and will not allow it.  Now, maybe you can adjust settings in admin, but I don't know.

In the HTML widget I created a table and made the column background a picture.  That works.  But not in the RTE.

I with the RTE didn't have such limited HTML capabilities.

• Re: Can I blog into a background image?
              mstoner15

Thanks Kevin,

I was able to right click on the image to adjust alignment but I am reminded that Jive is a collaboration tool and not meant for supporting graphic layouts. We will leave that to Adobe products. I like your idea of stylizing a table and incorporating graphics into that.

Cheers.