5 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2012 11:33 AM by trishaliu

Org structure

smoghe

This is potentially a non-Jive social business question. Who do you report to? I ask this in the context of your role either as a social business strategist or an internal community manager - who is your exec sponsor?

We might be looking at an organisational reshuffle and experience of what's worked for others always comes handy.

Thanks in advance!

• Re: Org structure
          Ted Hopton

I'm our global internal community manager and I report to the Group Director of People and Culture. And that's no accident.

1 person found this helpful
            jessekane

I think you'll find we are all over the place. I'm a Manager of Internal Communications and split my time between Jive, our old intranet and other more traditional employee communications. My department, Corporate Communications, is the official Jive business owner and our executive sponsor is our Chief Operating Officer.

I lead our New Media group (web/video/interactives) that owns our Jive instance. We are part of Corporate Communications and Marketing, and our EVP is the head of Corporate Affairs (Comms, Public Affairs, Corp Responsibility). He is our exec sponsor.

smoghe

Thanks guys! I'd love to hear where others sit in the organisation. Keep the answers coming!

trishaliu

Our executive sponsor is the VP of Customer Support. I was (and am still) a member of the Support team. I initially started managing our external, customer community. A year later, we decided to add our employee community, which I also manage. The reporting structure has been working for me and the company, so we didn't change it.