4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 11:56 PM by tburak RSS

'From' Name for email notifications is PDL name, not username

Trisha Liu

Hello Community Admins! I'm hoping someone can help with this. I think this is an MS Outlook issue, not a Jive issue, but I can't figure it out.

Issue: On email notifications, the 'From' name is the Outgoing Server Admin Email name, not the member Name/Username.

For folks who still rely on email notifications, having the 'From' name be all the same value is not very useful or meaningful.

Background:

- Incoming Email is enabled, so that members can reply via email to update discussions, comment on docs and blogs

- I have created a Public Distribution List (PDL) to use as the Outgoing Server Admin email address

- The PDL appears in our employee Outlook address book

This issue is occurring on our customer-facing community, but I am posting it here in the Internal CM group because the issue only occurs for employees. Non-employees see the desired behavior (the 'From' names on the emails reflect the member name).

It seems that the issue is the PDL name is overwriting the value that is being sent with the Jive email notification. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Thank you!

Trisha