2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 1:55 PM by John Schwiller

Setting Targets

John Schwiller

Have there been any thoughts about allowing someone with access to CMR to set targets for, say, active users. For example in 6 months I want N Active users and for a dotted line to be shown from where we are now to that target so we can track how we are doing?

Clearly this could be done in Excel etc but it seems that some with access to CMR might want to see this on screen.

• Re: Setting Targets
          karl.rumelhart

I like the thinking here, John.   Being able to track against goals is one of the most important use cases for CMR.  This visual cue idea is not one we have thought about but it does make sense.

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: Setting Targets
              John Schwiller

I used to see it going around Japanese-owned factories doing TQM (Total Quality Management). The graphs of performance against target were proudly displayed at each factory cell, invariably showing the team was ahead of target

I later built it into the menus on an ERP system I wrote in Paradox for a small company (don't laugh) in the early 90s, showing key performance indicators for each team on their menus, for example the sales team saw order intake against target and production saw shipments against target.