4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 4:27 AM by hod.kashtan

Create Private Discussion or Group

John Schwiller

I'm just looking at an email thread and want to convert it to a private 'area' on Jive.

I haven't already got a group set-up with suitable access, say for 4 people, three already involved in the email chain and one talked about in the emails but not so far on the recipient list.

So what are my choices?

I feel like I want to be able to either create a private discussion, or create a private group from within the Convert to Discussion mechanism.

Sagi Eliyahu

• Re: Create Private Discussion or Group
          ac255026

John,

If you are utilizing the new version of the extended API's 2.0 and have the updated version of Jive for Outlook you can create a Private Discussion.  You can then direct the discussion to specific recipients.

12-10-2012 2-43-26 PM.png

Hope this helps.

mavital

Arren is spot on if what you want to do is start a new discussion. If what you want to do is convert an existing email thread to a discussion in your Jive instance, what we usually recommend is to @mention the person who is talked about but not on the email thread in the comment that you can post during the conversion. That way they will get notified of the @mention even if they don't get notified of the converted email thread. Does that make sense?

it2000

o_O @ "what we usually recommend is to @mention the person who is talked about but not on the email thread in the comment that you can post during the conversion."

Where should one mention the person?

hod.kashtan

When converting an email to discussion the window seems almost like the new discussion window, the lower part is to add a comment to the discussion that's about to be created - that's where Mor suggested to @mention someone.

I believe what John Schwiller is asking though, is the ability to either convert an email to a private discussion or to create a private group so he'll be able to add the specific people he wants to share the discussion with..  is that right John?

Anyway, I'll open a feature request for that.

Thanks