8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 1:27 PM by mmcclure

Delete Places

daldeguer

Hi,

How do I delete places (spaces and groups) I have created and are Admins in?

I can't seem to find information on how to do this, nor can I find the area where to do this.

Thanks!

Desiree

• Re: Delete Places
          ac255026

Looking to confirm this same thing...I only see options to Merge spaces that then causing the other Space to be deleted.  Are there any other options?

Hello Desiree,

If you are the Admin of a Social Group you should see the "Manage" button in the upper right hand corner of the Group's page.  This drop down menu contains the option to delete the Group:

Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 10.46.53 AM.png

As for Spaces, those can only be deleted in the Admin Console > Spaces and then browsing to the Space in question and clicking the Delete button:

Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 10.54.18 AM.png

Please keep in mind that deleting a Group or a Space will delete ALL the content that is stored in that Group or Space so you should use caution when doing this.  Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Robin

mmcclure

I searched around here regarding deleting Spaces and sub-Spaces and found nothing, so will ask here as a follow on to Robin's answer.

I am an Admin on our instance so can get into the Admin Console and do what you've written above.  As I do this I get this dialog:

Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 2.01.03 PM.png

I don't see any information about sub-Spaces...  If I delete the parent Space, where do the children end up?

Of course, I could just go delete the the sub-Spaces first, but there's a lot of them (and some even have sub-Spaces as well), so very task intensive.  And really it feels to me like I should NOT have to do it in such a piecemeal fashion.  It seems that the most obvious thing for Jive to do is to delete EVERYTHING in a Space when you delete the Space, including any sub-Spaces (plus their content, of course), but it doesn't feel like that is what it is going to do based on the dialog box above.

I don't want to follow through with this until I get clarification as it could generate a real mess if the children just get sprayed out into some other Space when I delete their parent...

Help, please.

/\/\

mmcclure

I counted my sub-Spaces: I have 107 to do, so if there's any easier way to manage the deletion of Spaces, I would sure like to know about it.

Thanks,

/\/\

mmcclure

In discussing this with my folks, we think it would be a REALLY GOOD IDEA that the Admin Console screen shown in my reply above should most definitely show the sub-spaces that will be deleted, and also perhaps links to show their content (or something like that).  As mentioned above there is no information at all about sub-spaces, and it really should be there.

I'll look for something like this in the ideas section of the Jive Platform space...

/\/\