1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 7:53 PM by overattribution

Is it possible to share data between a Struts action class and a SOY template in JIVE 5.0.3?

ranadeep

I have made the example How to: Add a Tab to a Place  to run successfully on my JIVE instance. Now, I would like to set a property of type java.util.List in the action class (say, List<Customer> custList) with the GETTER method specified as well (i.e. getCustList() in the action class). By the way, Customer is a simple JAVA bean.

Now, I am trying to access the "custList" property on the SOY template file (mentioned in the said example) as -

{foreach $cust in $custList}

{$cust.name}

{ifempty}

No customers found.

{/foreach}

But I am getting exception on the server side -

com.jivesoftware.community.web.soy.SoyResult - Render error:

com.google.template.soy.tofu.SoyTofuException: In 'foreach' command {foreach $cust in $custList}{$cust.name}{ifempty}No customers found.{/foreach}, the data reference does not resolve to a SoyListData.

Can anyone advise on what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Is it possible to share data between a Struts action class and a SOY template in JIVE 5.0.3?
          overattribution

Sounds to me like your result isn't using the specified "soy" type.

Take a look at Jive's struts-community.xml.  In it you'll find:

<result-types>

<result-type name="soy" class="com.jivesoftware.community.web.soy.SoyResult"/>

</result-types>

Now take a look at com.jivesoftware.community.web.soy.SoyResult.  SoyResult is expecting the action class to extend SoyModelDriven.

Is your struts action is defined correctly?

<result name="input" type="soy">{templateName}</result>

Is your action class implementing SoyModelDriven?  Are you adding your "custList" object to the model returned in this method?