14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2012 3:49 PM by tappy1

User Group Meeting on 26th July

james.dellow

Here are the details!

Peter Tapscott has added the user group meeting to the Jive Australian Inaugural User Group Conference and we have created an eventbrite page where you can RSVP here:

Jive User Group Meeting - Sydney, Australia - Eventbrite

(We're using Eventbrite to capture who is attending so we can notify people if the venue changes more easily, but also for Jive customers out there who aren't yet members of this community).

But we need your help to make this event a success!

Please can you let us know if you can:

• Provide a spotlight presentation on a particular aspect of Jive functionality spotlight that you think others would find useful.
      • Talk about your Jive experiences -  we will host a series of lightning talks (short presentation and slides are optional) so everyone can learn a little of how others are deploying Jive.

Please add a comment here to explain what you would like to talk about, so we can finalise the agenda with Ryan Rutan.

...the night before

If you are in Sydney the night before (25th July), KM Australia and the NSW KM Forum are also hosting a networking event following the final session on Day 2 of Ark Group’s annual KM Australia conference. RSVP here:

NSW KM Forum *SPECIAL* Joint July Event - Eventbrite

• Re: User Group Meeting on 26th July
          Ryan Rutan

James, if possible, please direct people back to the Jive Community.  If they havent signed up with the JC yet, we'd love for them to come be a part of the community. =)

james.dellow

Ryan Rutan Peter Tapscott

RSVPs are starting to trickle in now (we've had one extra come through the Eventrbite page from some one who isn't part of this community yet), so we should probably work on getting the agenda sorted out over the next couple of days. At this stage, its perhaps better to aim for a half-day rather than a full-day agenda? e.g.

• 9am Registration (and coffee)
            • 9.30am Welcome and presentation from Jive (Ryan - will this be recorded or live feed via Skype or similar?)
            • 10am Member "lightning talks" (e.g. who are you, what are using Jive for, key lesson/impact/experience from using Jive - slides are completely optional)
            • 10.30am Member presentations (1-2 of 20 minutes each)
            • 11.30am Vendor/partner presentations (timing to depend on the number of member presentations, which will get the priority)
            • 12pm Wrap up and informal networking

I have also had some feedback that a half-day would make it easier for people to attend.

However, I'd love to get some feedback and volunteers to present from user group members!

tappy1

Hi James, I'm just trying to get confirmation from Melissa Hendry at REA

Group as she indicated interest via the community. I know that Robin Moore

from Sydney has a problem with a morning schedule and if Melissa is coming

it might be difficult for her too as she is based in Melbourne.

I'm also still trying to confirm Hedloc's involvement and have an

outstanding call in to them as of 10 mins ago.

Hopefully I can confirm today for you.

Pete

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Communities Administrator <

Ryan Rutan

James,

I'll need to check to see if we have any content ready that can be presented/recorded that is both relevant and informative.  Are there any topics available that might be of interested to the area?  If so, I'll see what I can find.  I know that we didn't present at the recent France User Group, and do not have plans to present at the Texas User Group (coincidentally happening on the same day).  More so, our role in this round of User Groups has been to help facilitate conversations, more or less what you appear to be pulling together now. 

Also, will need to lock down the time soon so I can see which options are available.   If possible, and makes sense, I would love to at least have a chance to introduce myself via Skype and have an open discussion.  I'm not a huge fan of sitting through recorded presentations myself, so would hate to subject people to the same experience if we can avoid it. =)

RR

tappy1

Hi Ryan, given the possibility that the morning is difficult for a couple of customers it looks more likely that an afternoon start may work best, say 1:00pm Sydney time. Is there a chance James, you and I could have a Skype call either today/tomorrow to clarify your points above? My skype address is tappypt.

Ryan Rutan

I should be able to log on again tonight (your afternoon and we can Skype).  Will go ahead and add you for now.  If not, will circle back tomorrow with a concrete time.  Will try to jump on tonight between 1:30-2:30PM your time.

RR

tappy1

Hi Ryan, I've just confirmed with James that the event will go ahead as planned on Thursday this week. A 30 minute slot has been reserved for you, currently at 1:30 but we can move that out to 2pm if it suits better. Feel free to skype me if you need details re logistics, etc.

james.dellow

Ok. A revised agenda based on a 1pm start:

• 1pm Registration (and coffee)
                              • 1.30pm Welcome and presentation from Jive (Ryan - will this be recorded or live feed via Skype or similar?)
                              • 2pm Member "lightning talks" (e.g. who are you, what are using Jive for, key lesson/impact/experience from using Jive - slides are completely optional)
                              • 2.30pm Member presentations (1-2 of 20 minutes each)
                              • 3.30pm Vendor/partner presentations (timing to depend on the number of member presentations, which will get the priority)
                              • 4.30pm Wrap up and informal networking

I'll update the Eventbrite page with this, if Peter Tapscott can update the calendar Jive Australian Inaugural User Group Conference.

melissahendry

Hi all

I will be there and I'm happy to present, just let me know

Melissa Hendry

james.dellow

I've added Melissa to the agenda.

We (Headshift) are also happy demo and talk about social media monitoring using Jive Fathom.

james.dellow

I've also had a request to talk about measurement too.