2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2012 7:06 AM by kieranpkelly

Apple's iPhone 5 bigger, faster but lacks wow | Reuters

Ryan Rutan

Apple's iPhone 5 bigger, faster but lacks wow

Reuters

As a self-proclaimed Apple fanboy, I have to disagree with this assessment; however, to get some perspective ... what do you think of the iPhone 5?  Did it live up to the hype?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-apple-iphone-idUSBRE88A1CP20120913

Shared with Jive Anywhere

• Re: Apple's iPhone 5 bigger, faster but lacks wow | Reuters
          mrowbory

Hmm, I have to say I agree with the article.  It's distinctly 'meh'

For someone coming from an older smartphone it will be a nice upgrade, but coming from an iphone 4 there's no real point.  I already have a  nice hi-res screen, I have no issues with 3G it's pretty quick, and 4G will be non-existent to patchy for the next few years at least. I use wifi when I need more reliable connection. The camera on the 4 is pretty good as well for what I use it for.

As a comparison, Nokia's downfall started when they changed their charging adaptor connector, previously you could guarantee anyone's house you went to, there would be a Nokia charger. Once that changed there was less reason to stick with them in the face of better alternatives.

I suppose if Apple had said - "we're changing the connector, but don't worry the battery will last 4 days" then it might have won me over.

In fact if the darn 'home' button wasn't starting to wear out I don't think I'd even need a new phone for another year or two.

• Re: Apple's iPhone 5 bigger, faster but lacks wow | Reuters
            kieranpkelly

Well I'm a Samsung fan-boy and I have to say, from a purely aesthetic point of view, the iPhone 5, like 4, lacks a certain sleekness, which for Apple is unusual.