5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2009 11:29 AM by cromero

{code:java}

I created a new document (Clearspace 1.0.3 & Firefox 2.0.0.2) and pasted a bash script into it between

tags. These tags were converted into 

resulting in syntax coloring of anything that looked like a java keyword in the shell script.

I like the idea of syntax coloring. Is there a template for shell script syntax too, something like

or 

? And can I turn off syntax coloring when I don't want it?

Thanks,

niranjan

• Re: {code:java}

hi niranjanv,

The code macro currently only supports Java, XML and SQL, but has hooks for you to starting writing a bash or shellscript formatter.  I'm assuming you've got a source build, check out the following classes:

src/java/com/jivesoftware/community/renderer/macro/CodeMacro.java

src/java/com/jivesoftware/community/renderer/macro/code/JavaCodeFormatter.java

Cheers,

AJ

The code macro currently only supports Java, XML and

SQL, but has hooks for you to starting writing a

I tried

, doesn't do anything different than plain 

;  and  breaks the code tag (appears as normal text). Am I doing something wrong?

Would make much use of both C/C++, bash and PHP code formatting as well.

In looking at the CodeMacro class it looks like if you are using the WYSIWG editor the renderer does not fire:

//        else if (renderTarget == RenderTarget.TARGET_WYSIWYG_EDITOR) {

<snipped>

//            body = "<pre class=\"jive-pre\"><code class=\"jive-code\">" +

//                    renderContext.getRenderedTextStore().addText(body) + "</code></pre>";

//            return body;

//        }

This could be the problem around the code editor not displaying correctly, since I am currently unable to get the code formatting in CS 1.1.1.

Cheers,

Anthony