2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2007 9:06 AM by ginny2

Blog Visibility

I noticed that another person had blogged about not being able to see comments on a blog post. I have that issue as well, but in addition, can't figure out how to restrict blog visibility to specific spaces. Is this just not possible? If not, then why are blogs available as a content type tab in each space. There might be a logical reason for this that I just don't get, but I have two membership groups I serve with Clearspace and one of the groups would like to be able to blog just amongst themselves. Currently, any user can see any blog in the system.

An additional issue is that anyone who registers can start a blog... and I don't want people who aren't members to get in and do that. I've had people somehow find my site and register with usernames like badguy. My members have pretty sensitive public health IT/emergency preparedness/bioterrorism info that they'll be posting, and I'll lose their trust if somebody with a username of badguy starts commenting in their community.

• Re: Blog Visibility

hi Ginny,

All good questions, I'll try to answer them one at a time:

not being able to see comments on a blog post

Can you check the permissions in the admin console --> spaces --> permissions --> space permissions --> Read Comment?  Who has it assigned and who doesn't?

can't figure out how to restrict blog visibility to specific spaces

You can't restrict a single blog to being viewed only in a space, you can however restrict the viewing of a blog to only members of a certain group. Go to the admin console --> blogs --> select the blog you want to restrict --> click edit --> edit blog permissions.

An additional issue is that anyone who registers can start a blog

This is an easy fix: go to the admin console, click on the blogs tab, click on the permissions tab and remove the ability for registered users to create blogs.  After that, you'll just want to assign the 'create blog' permission to either a group or a single person at a time.

Cheers,

AJ