5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2007 12:25 PM by jcims

searching for user comments?

Hi,

Is there a supported way of searching for comments by a specific user in Clearspace?    It seems that if you tack a userID parameter on the search, the filtering works, but it doesn't look like that works with RSS feeds (the userID parameter appears to be ignored)

Ideas?

• Re: searching for user comments?

hi jcims,

Append &targetUser=username to the RSS feeds to filter by a specific user.

Cheers,

AJ

Hi AJ,

The targetUser parameter doesn't seem to have any effect (using 'usertosearch' as the example userid)

I've tried both of these:

/clearspace/community/feeds/search?q=[a%20TO%20z]&resultTypes=BLOG_POST&resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=BLOG&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&peopleEnabled=false&communityID=&userID=usertosearch&numResults=15&rankBy=9&targetUser=usertosearch

/clearspace/community/feeds/search?q=[a%20TO%20z]&resultTypes=BLOG_POST&resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=BLOG&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&peopleEnabled=false&communityID=&targetUser=usertosearch&numResults=15&rankBy=9

(Thanks for the help btw!)

Yeah, sorry about this. The filter user parameter for the search feed is userID, so your query would change to:

/clearspace/community/feeds/search?q=[a%20TO%20z]&resultTypes=BLOG_POST&

resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=BLOG&

resultTypes=COMMUNITY&peopleEnabled=false&numResults=15&

rankBy=9&userID=usertosearch

Not sure why the ability to filter by a specific user disappeared from the search options, but if that was there then getting a feed of this would be automatic rather than something you have to do by hand.

Cheers,

AJ

Hi AJ,

I almost didn't post this, because it's not that important...but the userID filter just doesn't seem to work for feeds...it's basically ignored.  It works fine in the standard search, but if i click the rss feed icon in the search result screen or enter the URL as indicated in your last post, i just get the results based on the search filter alone, not by the userID parameter.

I don't really need this terribly, just thought it would be useful.  May be something that's a defect or just not supported. (1.0.2)

Thanks!