2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2007 11:36 AM by ajohnson1200

Email templates - Jive Clearspace Clearspace Admin Error

I want to manage the Email templates through the admin tool  but an error occurs : Jive Clearspace Admin Error. When I look on the server console, I see an nullpointer exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:61)

at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:55)

at com.jivesoftware.community.util.EmailTemplateUtil.getDocument(EmailTe

mplateUtil.java:266)

at com.jivesoftware.community.util.EmailTemplateUtil.getEmailTemplates(E

mailTemplateUtil.java:158)

Is it possible that a resource bundle is missing (jive_clearspace_i18n) in the installation file. Where can I find this or how should it look like? Is this the reason why the mail notification isn't working?

SEVERE: Trouble processing email template with key watches.email.community.subject : null

Any help would be welcome.

• Re: Email templates - Jive Clearspace Clearspace Admin Error
          abombelli

We have the same problem.

Additionaly we canot send notifications. We get this error:

at com.jivesoftware.community.util.EmailTemplateUtil.applyFreemarkerTemplate(EmailTemplateUtil.java:97)

at com.jivesoftware.community.impl.EmailManagerImpl$EmailHandler.process(EmailManagerImpl.java:195)

at com.jivesoftware.community.impl.EmailManagerImpl$EmailHandler.run(EmailManagerImpl.java:140)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

2007.04.10 18:07:01 Trouble processing email template with key watches.email.document.subject : null

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:61)

at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:55)

Thanks for any help.

• Re: Email templates - Jive Clearspace Clearspace Admin Error

hi olivierv,

You're exactly right: the resource bundle for the locale you set in the admin console (System --> Management --> Locale) is missing because we haven't completed i18n for Clearspace yet.  I did file (and fix) a bug for this (http://www.jivesoftware.com/issues/browse/CS-845) because you shouldn't get a null pointer exception, the fix will be included in v1.1.0, due out soon.

In the meantime, you could create a copy of the jive_clearspace_i18n_en.xml file (which is attached), give it the appropriate locale code (jive_clearspace_i18n_be.xml?) and then put that file in your classpath.

Cheers,

AJ