7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2008 4:08 AM by bhagyaravi

clearspace war&bea weblogic

I can not create/use existing homedir...

after deploy clearspace on bea weblogic 10 and on procedure of creation jiveHome (clearspace/admin/setup/setup.jivehome.jspa):

System Error

We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system. If you are a system administrator please click "more details" below for more information about this error.

More Details

• Status Code: 500

• Exception Type: null

• Error Message: 10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

• Request URI: /clearspace/admin/setup/setup.jivehome.jspa

• Stack Trace:

o java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:172)

o java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:131)

o java.io.FileWriter.(FileWriter.java:73)

o com.jivesoftware.community.action.setup.JiveHomeSetupAction.outputJiveInit(JiveHomeSetupAction.java:198)

o com.jivesoftware.community.action.setup.JiveHomeSetupAction.execute(JiveHomeSetupAction.java:159)

o jrockit.reflect.VirtualNativeMethodInvoker.invoke(Ljava.lang.Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)

o java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Ljava.lang.Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;I)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:364)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:216)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:190)

o com.jivesoftware.community.action.setup.SetupCheckInterceptor.intercept(SetupCheckInterceptor.java:85)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:188)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:168)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:188)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInterceptor.java:115)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:31)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:31)

o com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadInterceptor.java:171)

• java.lang.NullPointerException

(If to create a new directory - structure of folders is created)

How it to overcome? In advance thanks ...

• Re: clearspace war&bea weblogic

I remember when looking at the install docs there was something about some workarounds for BEA. Here's the link I have to the doc, check under the Application Server section:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/builds/docs/clearspace/latest/ClearspaceInstallGuide.html#ClearspaceInstallGuide-ApplicationServerSetup

Hi un1t,

You are having a file write error which is most likely caused by not having the correct permissions to write to / create a file for writing.  Make sure that you have the permissions to create and write to files within your install dir

-Will

Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem while trying to deploy it in websphere. When I goto the setup tool after installing and starting the application I get an error 404 at the bottom of the page. When I enter the jiveHome directory location  and submit,  I get the same error as above. Please advice me in this regard.

Thanks,

Bhagya

There are a few specific things that must be done in order for clearspace to run on WAS 6.0.x; you'll need to follow the installation for websphere available here

You'll also need to add a property to your app server to allow clearspace to run, for more information on that property, please have a look at this document . I'd also recommend using the latest fix pack, which at the moment is 6.0.13 I believe.

~Sean

Hi,

I am using RAD 7.0 which comes with websphere 6.1. I don't think I need to apply the patch for this. I have followed the steps mentioned in the installation guide for websphere. But still I have the same problem. Can you please let me know the way forward.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhagya

When you say you're still having the same problem, are you refering to your 404 issue or the jiveHome issue? In the case of the 404, are you sure you followed both the instructions in the documentation as well as the doc i linked? As for the jiveHome issue, you might try having another app server, like tomcat create the jiveHome and fo the setup, so that when you run websphere it doesn't have to create the jiveHome.

Hi,

I tried setting up the clearspace X  by starting the server which comes with the installation and tried to setup. After that I stopped the clearspace server and deployed the application in WAS. I was able to goto the index page with the communities that I had created. Now I would like to use DB2 database instead of built in database. For this atleast I need to run the setup. I tried making the setup as false in the jive_startup.xml file but could not do it as it was the same problem after setting the jivehome it was throwing the same exception.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhagya