5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2007 8:36 AM by bdavis

1.1.0 standalone

bdavis

I downloaded the 1.1.0 standalone. It works on Windows but on Solaris it throws an

exception that looks like this:

Apr 27, 2007 11:20:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA12275)

at com.jivesoftware.util.EncryptionUtil.<init>(EncryptionUtil.java:57)

at com.jivesoftware.util.EncryptionUtil.<init>(EncryptionUtil.java:43)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.<clinit>(DashoA12275)

... 87 more

Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.security.InvalidKeyException: Public key presented not for certificate signature

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

... 88 more

Caused by: java.security.InvalidKeyException: Public key presented not for certificate signature

at org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.X509CertificateObject.checkSignature(Unknown Source)

at org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.X509CertificateObject.verify(Unknown Source)

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.d(DashoA12275)

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.c(DashoA12275)

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_r.run(DashoA12275)

... 89 more

The version of Java is 1.5.0_11-b03. Any idea what's wrong?

• Re: 1.1.0 standalone

That is a strange issue. Do have any certs installed in your Java environment? Could you setup a stock JDK and try running the standalone with that?

Cheers,

Nate

bdavis

I thought the same thing. This error is running with a new install of the JDK. I was able

to run the Clearspace beta on this same machine but I did not try a 1.0 version.

bdavis

I found the problem. The Solaris JDK adds an additional security provider in the number 1 position (sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11) in the file $/jre/lib/security/java.security. This provider does not appear in the Windows version.

I moved that provider to the end of the list and Clearspace started OK.

I got this same error, but the solution didn't work for me.  I encountered it under Windows XP with WAR version clearspace 1.1.1.  I rotated the java.security providers but doing that didn't help me.

bdavis

This is what my list of providers looks like:

security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun

security.provider.2=sun.security.rsa.SunRsaSign

security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider

security.provider.4=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

security.provider.5=sun.security.jgss.SunProvider

security.provider.6=com.sun.security.sasl.Provider

This is for JDK 1.5.0_11 on XP.

Also look at your %JAVA_HOME% environment variable and verify that you

are modifying the the right java.security.