5 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2007 10:28 AM by thomh

Theme editing broken in 1.1.0?

Hello,

When I try to edit the custom theme or create a new theme and then edit the new theme, I receive the following error:

Jive Clearspace Clearspace Admin Error

Nothing in the logs, just that error page. So I used my handy-dandy NetBeans IDE to trace the code and I traced it down to this offending line (269) in settings-themes-edit.jsp:

InputStream in = ClassUtils.getResourceAsStream("/ftl.list");

Which led me to determine that the 1.1.0 clearspace source distro does not include this file:

/jive_clearspace_source_1_1_0/source/clearspace/ftl.list

Has anyone else run into this?

Cheers,

-Thom

• Re: Theme editing broken in 1.1.0?

hi Thom,

That file is produced by Ant, you can create it by doing this:

ant generateFtlList

However, it should exist in WEB-INF/lib/clearspace-1.1.0.jar. Are you running standalone or war? What OS?

Cheers,

AJ

Hi AJ,

I'm working with the source and building my own WAR file. If I unpack the 1.0.4 source, that file exists before I've built any JARs or WARs. If I unpack the 1.1.0 source, that file doesn't exist. Although there might be an ANT target that builds it, all I'm saying is that the 1.1.0 source archive doesn't include it. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction to get it created!

Cheers,

-Thom

Actually, I just tried to 'generateFtlList' and that doesn't seem to be a target in the build.xml file. Hmm ... what am I doing wrong?

-Thom

hi Thom,

Looks like a bug on our part: we didn't include the generateFtlList target in the build file we distributed as part of the source build.  The target will be included as part of 1.1.1, but in the meantime, you can drop in the attached ftl.list file into \source\clearspace\ and it should get jar'ed up when you do a build.

Cheers,

AJ

Oops ... the file you attached brought my app down in a blaze of stack traces. I changed all the \ to / in the file and now it works. Which is curious because I'm running on Windows ... hmm. Why would I have to change backslash to forward slash to get my app to run on Windows? My configuration is:

Windows XP

Clearspace 1.1.0 (WAR built from source)

JDK 1.6

Sun App Server Platform Edition 9.0_01

PostgreSQL 8.2

Anyway, the file apparently had the right content as I am now able to edit themes.

Thanks, AJ, for your continued support.

Cheers,

-Thom

p.s. I would have uploaded my ftl.list file, but I don't seem to have privileges to attach documents.