7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2007 7:29 AM by mmascarich

Installing ClearSpace + LDAP Integration?

Hey guys,

I'm running into a road block configuring ClearSpace. I have downloaded the standalone server and gotten it installed and running. I can connect to http://servername:8585/clearspace and run through the install.

I'd like to have this setup integrated with Active Directory, however, when I get to the "LDAP User System" screen I start running into issues. If I try and use my user account to access the Active Directory I get the following error: "There was an authentication error when trying to connect to the LDAP server. Please verify that the values below are correct. Error: "

If I then switch to a different account it gets past this page but on the page "LDAP User Data Storage Mode" where you must enter in the LDAP user you'd like as the Jive Administrator it throws errors in the logs saying that any user I enter in is wrong.

Has anyone ran into this that had a solution?

Thanks in advance,

David

P.S.

I'm installing ClearSpace on a SuSE 10.2 system. The BASE DN I'm using is: cn=Users,dc=domainname,dc=com (domainname being replaced with our domain name). I've used this BASE DN with Openfire and not had issues but with ClearSpace it seems less happy.

• Re: Installing ClearSpace + LDAP Integration?

hi David,

One thing you might check is the username field during the LDAP setup screen. On active directory I believe it should be set to:

sAMAccountName

Is that what you have?

Cheers,

AJ

Thank you AJ! I did not have that in my setup. However it after changing the "Username Field" and "User Search Field" to sAMAccountName and (sAMAccountName=) I still get this error in my logs:

SEVERE: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, vece

Is there a white paper on configuring ClearSpace with AD that I should have read through?

Thanks again,

David

Well I ran across this:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/builds/docs/clearspace/latest/ClearspaceLDAPGuide.html

Which I followed to the letter and haven't been able to get past this point. It just throws the error I posted above and a HUGE Java exception following it.

Below is the configuration that I'm stuck on. Any other thoughts would be most helpful!

David

Base DN *:       cn=users,dc=domainname,dc=com

Alternate Base DN:      

Admin DN:      cn=username,cn=users,dc=domainname,dc=com

Admin Password:      password

Username Field:      sAMAccountName

Name Field:      displayName

Email Field:      mail

User Search Filter:      (sAMAccountName=) Group Name Field:      cn Group Description Field:      description Group Member Field:      member Group Search Filter:      (member=)

hi David,

I did a little googling and it looks like this thread matches the error code you code:

80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C09030B, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, v893

HEX: 0x525 - user not found

DEC: 1317 - ERROR_NO_SUCH_USER (The specified account does not exist.)

NOTE: Returns when username is invalid.

Can you check the username that you're entering as part of the setup process?

Is there a white paper on configuring ClearSpace with AD that I should have read through?

There's not currently, but we're definitely going to be a) improving the setup process specifically for Active Directory users because we're seeing a lot of issues around setup with Active Directory and b) improving the documentation around LDAP and Active Directory. I appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Cheers,

AJ

Well I had no luck what so ever when I was using ClearSpace 1.1.0 but when I upgraded to 1.1.1 I was able to get it correctly installed and configured!

The user name issue seemed to arise if I put in the username like either of the below examples:

username

cn=username,dn=domainname,dn=com

HOWEVER, if I put in the username as DOMAINNAME\username and made the associated changes it would allow me to pass through and I no longer ran into the glitch later on where I couldn't specify a Jive administrator.

Whew! Thanks for you help ajohnson!

david

I know this is a bit of a thread bump, but can you specify what you mean by the associated changes? When I enter the admin name in the format you specified i'm still getting the same problem as you were before.

Never mind. I had to trash jiveHome and run setup again, but it worked this time.

Message was edited by: all-fab

Sorry to bump this but I am new to Clearspace and trying to get LDAP Auth to work with the 1.3.0 Demo.  I can not get past the "Admin Account Setup" screen to designate a LDAP account as the Administrator.  I figure the problem must be with the LDAP Username Field on the "LDAP User System" setup screen.  I have been trying to use sAMAccountName and userPrincipalName and countless other changes over the past few hours.  Any help would be appreciated I would hate to abort the demo so soon.