4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2012 10:32 AM by rgamache

XMPP (WebEx) and Jive

rgamache

Has anybody here integrated the IM features of WebEx into Jive using the XMPP connection options in Jive's API and WebEx's API? Any assistance would be helpful. Thank you.

• Re: XMPP (WebEx) and Jive
          tmullenaux

Looks like Pokeshot is coming out with something: The specified item was not found.

Also looks like there's a Jive-written integration for Openfire (which is also XMPP-based): Jive Connects for Openfire for 4.5 & 5.0

It's not clear to me whether these are integrations with the client or the server/service. Let me know if you learn more - sounds like we're both WebEx Connect/Jabber customers?

Nils Heuer,

You want to jump in on what pokeshot is doing??

tmullenaux

Would like to learn more, but right now we're moving our brand new Jive instance from an on-prem Jive 5 PoC to hosted Jive 6. So, we've got our hands pretty full with that currently. Will probably have a closer look in 6-8 weeks.

rgamache

Thanks to everyone's responses.  Yes, the Pokeshot solution is what I'm trying to achieve. I'm new to Jive and I'm not a programmer.  To be honest, I'm not sure who made the business decision in the past to drop Jabber from Jive as native offering, but it was a poor one, in my estimation.  Unless there was a business reason for doing so, which I've heard a few things floated around for theories, I can't see how a social platform can be a social platform without a native chat module as a canned solution for communities requiring chat.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted Tom.  I've talked to Nils from Pokeshot before and just sent him another email.  Their solution is what I'm looking for, I believe, from a cursory look.  If not, I think we're going to write our own solution.  I've seen a demonstration by another organization that wrote their own with the Cisco WebEx environment and it worked pretty nicely.

Mark, thanks for calling out to Nils. I appreciate it.