1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2007 3:02 PM by britchie

rich text bugs/quirks

Problems I've had with the rich text widget (CSX 1.1.1, Firefox 1.5.0.11 on up-to-date Windows XP)

- paragraph after a header gets sucked into the header when saving

- in editor, vertical space after a bullet list is shown, but not when rendered

- when you resize the widget, it goes back to the original size when clicking on Plain Text or Preview tab. (I'd like it to remember my preference persistently throughout the app, and actually I'd like it to be width adjustable too, since I keep my browser window full screen.)

- Yesterday I had a problem with a bulleted list not going left with shift-tab, but today it works. Let's just blame wonky browser/javascript yesterday.

- no print css, so awful printing (I realize there's a pdf, but most users will just try to print from the browser.)

It seems just a slight bit away from wysiwyg, so I was the tiniest bit frustrated. Thanks!

• Re: rich text bugs/quirks

jtroyer,

Thanks for the bug report. Answers inline:

- paragraph after a header gets sucked into the

header when saving

I think this was just fixed for 1.2 - it was an issue for anything following a header.

- in editor, vertical space after a bullet list is

shown, but not when rendered

I suspect this may be a css issue where the editor's css is not perfectly aligned with the css we're using for display. I'll file a bug report for this (http://www.jivesoftware.com/issues/browse/CS-1079)

- when you resize the widget, it goes back to the

original size when clicking on Plain Text or Preview

tab. (I'd like it to remember my preference

persistently throughout the app, and actually I'd

like it to be width adjustable too, since I keep my

browser window full screen.)

Hmm. It should remember the original size already. I'll take a look into that but my first thought was perhaps a cookie issue. The width actually used to be in there but was removed for layout reasons,

- Yesterday I had a problem with a bulleted list not

going left with shift-tab, but today it works. Let's

just blame wonky browser/javascript yesterday.

Issues like this one have been reported previously however they can be next to impossible to resolve since they are so hard to reproduce.

- no print css, so awful printing (I realize there's

a pdf, but most users will just try to print from

the browser.)

The main user bar does have a little printer icon which has a separate decorator designed for printing. I agree though that there should also be a print css to remove the decorator, sidebar, etc.

It seems just a slight bit away from wysiwyg, so I

was the tiniest bit frustrated. Thanks!

Honestly as developers we've never been exactly happy with the current state of browser based editors. We've been actively working on the current one for a while and upgrade it often to fix any bugs that have been fixed in the main distribution (I just updated it to the latest yesterday in fact for 1.2). We'll keep trying to improve it!

Regards,

Bruce Ritchie