4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2007 9:14 AM by ajohnson1200

Standalone 1.1.1 /clerspace/index.jspa System Error

For some reason, I am now receiving a system error when I try to go to the clearspace top page which I never use to get. As far as I know, the only thing that I did was play with the primary blog settings in the Admin console. The system error is below. First however, I wanted to provide some additional troubleshooting and background info.

I have setup the permissions such that only users from a specific group (our company) can view the site. So the default action when going to the top level page use to be a prompt for login information. This use to work. Now it generates the error below. The interesting thing is, that when I realized I can still get into the Admin console, I tried going to subsections of the clearspace site (for example http://localhost:8080/clearspace/blogs/ and it appropriately provides me with the login screen. Once I am logged in, the /clearspace/index.jspa works as expected without the system error. As soon as I log out, it is broken again.

Finally, if I change the permissions to allow anyone to view the top level space, the page renders correctly. Seems the issue is diverting to the login for the index.jspa page.

As an FYI, I have removed all themes, both custom and globally in case there was an issue there; No help. I also downloaded and reinstalled the stand alone version of clearspace 1.1.1 in case an ftl got corrupted; still no help.

Can anyone please help?

System Error

We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system. If you are a system administrator please click "more details" below for more information about this error.

More Details

• Status Code: 500

• Exception Type: null

• Error Message:

• Request URI: /clearspace/index.jspa

• Stack Trace:

o freemarker.ext.beans.SimpleMethodModel.exec(SimpleMethodModel.java:136)

o freemarker.core.MethodCall._getAsTemplateModel(MethodCall.java:93)

o freemarker.core.Expression.getAsTemplateModel(Expression.java:89)

o freemarker.core.Expression.isTrue(Expression.java:138)

o freemarker.core.ConditionalBlock.accept(ConditionalBlock.java:77)

o freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196)

o freemarker.core.Macro$Context.runMacro(Macro.java:164)

o freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:537)

o freemarker.core.UnifiedCall.accept(UnifiedCall.java:128)

o freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92)

o freemarker.core.IfBlock.accept(IfBlock.java:82)

o freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92)

o freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:176)

o freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java:232)

o com.opensymphony.webwork.views.freemarker.FreemarkerResult.doExecute(FreemarkerResult.java:153)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.FreemarkerResult.doExecute(FreemarkerResult.java:130)

o com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.WebWorkResultSupport.execute(WebWorkResultSupport.java:143)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:311)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:206)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.FlashInterceptor.intercept(FlashInterceptor.java:41)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:188)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:168)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:188)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInterceptor.java:115)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:31)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.JiveObjectLoaderInterceptor.intercept(JiveObjectLoaderInterceptor.java:55)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:31)

o com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadInterceptor.java:171)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(I18nInterceptor.java:151)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.JiveIOCInterceptor.intercept(JiveIOCInterceptor.java:640)

o com.jivesoftware.community.action.LocaleInterceptor.intercept(LocaleInterceptor.java:71)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.JiveLoginInterceptor.intercept(JiveLoginInterceptor.java:42)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.AuthInterceptor.intercept(AuthInterceptor.java:62)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:186)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.ModuleCheckInterceptor.intercept(ModuleCheckInterceptor.java:49)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.java:113)

o com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(DispatcherUtils.java:225)

o com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:202)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.webwork.JiveFilterDispatcher.doFilter(JiveFilterDispatcher.java:53)

o org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

o org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.SetResponseCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetResponseCharacterEncodingFilter.java:62)

o org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

o org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

o com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)

o com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.JiveActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(JiveActionContextCleanUp.java:46)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.PresenceFilter.doFilter(PresenceFilter.java:106)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.SetRequestCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetRequestCharacterEncodingFilter.java:73)

o org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrWebContextFilter.doFilter(DwrWebContextFilter.java:91)

o com.jivesoftware.community.upgrade.UpgradeFilter.doFilter(UpgradeFilter.java:43)

o com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:71)

o com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.ApplicationInitializedFilter.doFilter(ApplicationInitializedFilter.java:95)

o com.jivesoftware.base.database.dao.DAOContextCleanUpFilter.doFilter(DAOContextCleanUpFilter.java:32)

o org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

o org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

o org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

o org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

o org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

o org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

o org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)

o org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)

o org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)

o org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:697)

o org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)

o org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

o java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

• freemarker.template.TemplateModelException: Method public boolean com.jivesoftware.community.proxy.IteratorProxy.hasNext() threw an exception when invoked on com.jivesoftware.community.proxy.IteratorProxy@1f35c54

• Re: Standalone 1.1.1 /clerspace/index.jspa System Error

hi cgravelle,

Could you send me (aaron@jivesoftware.com) a screenshot of your top level  permissions?

Cheers,

AJ

hi cgravelle,

The screenshot looks fine: you've removed all permissions for registered users and anonymous users and then only allowed members the group to view the site.  I'm still not sure why you're getting this error because I can't replicate it using a fresh 1.1.1 build (using the exact same permissions you had set up in the screenshot you sent).

The proper behavior is that you should get redirected to the login page if you're not logged in. Can you check to make sure the system property 'jive.auth.disallowGuest' is set to true?  (and now I'm reaching...) Have you made any changes to the xwork-community.xml configuration file? 

Cheers,

AJ

AJ,

The system property 'jive.auth.disallowGuest' was not there. I have never noticed this property. I added the property, set it to true, and it seems to be working again. If I delete the property if goes back to the system error. I am happy to add the system property and leave it there, I simply mention this for any troubleshooting/development considerations.

Is this a property that should be there by default? Just as an FYI, I originally started with Clearspace 1.0.4 and upgraded to 1.1.0, and subsequently 1.1.1. I have been using MySQL from the start. Again, I mention this in case it is related to upgrade scripts. As I mentioned in the original post, it was working fine without the property. It wasn't until I started playing with adding and removing the default blog for the top level page that the issue came up.

Finally, I have not made any changes to the xwork-community.xml configuration files. 

If you want to leave this as is now that I am working, that's fine. If there are any other questions you might want to ask for tracking bugs, I am open to that. I can do a MySQL dump for you if you would like. Either way, thank you very much for the help.

Cheers,

Christian.