2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 1:27 AM by hazelok

Jive- Where to begin?! Customisations.

Hi everyone,

I've recently been given a role looking after the Jive community in my workplace. It hasn't had a great adoption rate and I'm hoping to change that. I've run into one or two issues though and I was hoping you guys can help. We're running version Jive 6.0.0 6c5.1. I have looked through the forums and documentation but I haven't been able to find anything that can help me, at least not in a way that I can understand!

I've had great success customising the layout and adding widgets etc to group pages that I have created myself. How can I do the same with the homepage? The only options I seem to be presented with are to change the theme of the page. I have Manage System, Moderate Content, Manage Users, Manage Groups, and Manage Community permissions. I'm thinking that possibly it's a problem that I need to have "Full access" for? If so, how do I go about doing that or getting a new admin account? We have two admin accounts but having asked around here no-one seems to know passwords for them.

Secondly I want to look at deleting unused spaces and groups. I can change the layout on these but I can't see any place to delete them?

Thirdly everytime I log-in I get a banner on the top of the page saying "This system will be unavailable while an upgrade occurs between 12:15 PM and 02:36 PM (PDT) on Jun 23.   Hide". It's long past June now! I have no idea where to even begin trying to get rid of this for me and other users.

Thanks so much in advance, I think I have quite an uphill challenge here but if I am able to begin at least doing some of the stuff I have mentioned above at least I'll have gotten the ball rolling.