4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2007 12:14 PM by Magpie

Image placement in document broken

abombelli

Hello

When pacing an attached image in a document with !myimage.jpg!, if you switch several times the views (switch view between RTE, Plain Text and Preview) before saving the document suddenly the "" sign is removed and the image is not visible anymore.

Another situation:

When saving a draft is replaced with

http://www.mydomain.ch:8080/clearspace/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1072-1-1034/myimage.jpg

And the image is not visible anymore.

All this happens using Firefox 2 on Mac.

Any idea why?

BTW: In ClearspaceX there is an "Insert Image" button. Do you plan to provide this feature in Clearspace as well?

Thanks

Aldo

Message was edited by: abombelli

• Re: Image placement in document broken
          abombelli

Any answer on this?

Thanks

Aldo

hi Aldo,

I can't replicate the issue you're seeing when switching between rich text / plain text and preview. I tried on both Mac and PC / FF 2.0. What version / edition of Clearspace are you running?

BTW: In ClearspaceX there is an "Insert Image" button. Do you plan to provide this feature in Clearspace as well?

Yes, the next version of Clearspace and ClearspaceX will have much better image support for blogs, documents and discussions.

Cheers,

AJ

abombelli

hi

we use clearspace 1.1.1.

but maybe the problem will be solved with the better image support in the next version!

thanks

aldo

Magpie

We are having similar problems with multiple images within the same document. I have one larger document that interspaces text and images. The first image also seems to get implemented, but subsequent images fail to appear.

Despite repeated attempts

ends up getting represented as:

http://caleb:8090/clearspacex/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1058-4-1037/DRAInstanceDiagram.jpg!

The image won't display inline.

We are running ClearspaceX running on Linux/Tomcat/HQSL.

Browser IE6 & Firefox 1.5.

I had thought it was a browser issue, as I managed to persuade a second image to display when I switched to use Firefox, but I can't get it to display a 3rd image.

Oddly, I have another document with four small images on the same row that all display fine.

I had thought I spotted a method i.e. upload images then save and continue, but what ever I try, including manually adding a ^ which working displayed images appear like in the wiki plain text view - does not seem to enable me to display images on a consistent basis.