5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 12:08 PM by cgravelle

Real-Time configuration

We are running wildfire and I would like to use the real-time feature in clearspace for presence. The issue is, when I configure real-time to connect to our server wildfire.domain.com, it connects, but the users JIDs are username@wildfire.domain.com and it says they are offline.

Our xmpp.domain is actually domain.com so that our JIDs are username@domain.com, the same as our email addresses, which might explain the incorrect presence. However, if I configure Clearspace to point to domain.com it cannot connect. Is there something I am missing or is this entirely a wildfire configuration issue?

If I need to add a DNS SRV entry like xmpp-????.tcp.domain.com. 0 0 5225  wildfire.domain.com, are there any thoughts on what it might be. In case it is a wildfire config issue, I will post a message at igniterealtime.org

Thanks,

Christian.

• Re: Real-Time configuration

hi cgravelle,

Make sure you check the box labeled 'Use Common Usernames For XMPP Presence' on the presence page of the Real-Time settings page.  That will force the system to assume that a user 'ajohnson' in your Clearspace install is the same as the user 'ajohnson' in your Openfire installation.

Cheers,

AJ

hi Christian,

This is a bug in Clearspace, it's a long story (you can read it all here: http://www.jivesoftware.com/issues/browse/CS-1280). I hope to have it fixed in a release soon.

In the meantime, the one hack I think might work would be to add a HOSTS entry on your Clearspace server so that it thinks domain.com points to the same IP address that wildfire.domain.com points to. I'm not sure what other effect that would have, but it might work in the meantime.

Cheers,

AJ

AJ,

Thanks for the reply. Honestly, I can't believe I didn't think of doing this before. This does work, but I will keep an eye out for the fix as I am afraid that it might cause email issues when it tries to locate domain.com. I think in most cases the actual smtp and pop3 servers are specified in the clearspace settings so it shouldn't be an issue. And since this is a test server it is dedicated to this purpose.

In short, thank you, it works, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for a fix.

A thought regarding a fix, maybe a system property such as xmpp.domain=domain.com similar to openfire that overrides the actual server name. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Christian.