3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2007 7:54 AM by Will

Print PDF Image Handling

Magpie

Clearspace 1.2 does provide better image handling. Images wider than 450px and 600px are scaled on screen (but not very well/clearly). I see that the thumbnail option has a nice expand to full size option - although I'd hardly describe the image a thumbnail as it can be fairly large.

However, the images at their full size are printed out on PDF documents - this causes problems with printing.

I would therefore assume that the images are imported as is, rather than re-sized/transformed on import. Either this needs to happen or at least the images scaled of the PDF production.

Otherwise authors will still need to scale images externally before using in documents.

• Re: Print PDF Image Handling

Hi Magpie,

I have ran into this myself, and have now started a feature discussion with our developers here. I will pass along any useful information as it comes it.

Cheers,

Will

Magpie

Thanks.

I've tried to find this in the Clearspace Issue Tracker System, but can't find it. Please can you provide a cross reference or raise in the system so that I and others can vote for it .

Hi,

The reason you could not find it is because it is not within the issue tracker. We use the issue tracker for bugs and problems with the application, not for feature requests. They (feature requests) are brought up in discussions within our internal Clearspace environment. I have already noted your want for this item, and I will add a comment today about your further desire for this feature.

Cheers,

Will