5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2007 7:53 PM by bobsquarepants

Error Uploading Files larger than 10MB

I had tacked this problem on a previous post "error uploading 1MB files" but I still don't have this problem solved.  Since then I have tried moving to Clearspace 1.2, my setup is Windows XP Pro, Tomcat 5, MySQL5. I have added the new jiveProperty docbody.maxBodySize=153600 and added the max_allowed_packet=150M to the section of my.ini file.  Does anyone have a similar setup and can upload large files over 10MB?

• Re: Error Uploading Files larger than 10MB

A question - are you trying to upload attachments over 10Mb? If so, you'll have to set another property either manually or through the admin tool - attachments.maxAttachmentSize.

Otherwise Are you seeing any errors in the logs? Let me know and I can try to recreate the issue.

Regards,

Bruce Ritchie

• Re: Error Uploading Files larger than 10MB

I goto create a new document, upload a file, and at the end of the upload I get a system error.  I do have the attachments.maxAttachmentSize set to the same size as the docbody.maxBodySize=153600.  Here is the system error dump I get when I goto more details;

Status Code: 500

Exception Type: null

Error Message:

Request URI: /clearspace/doc-upload.jspa

Stack Trace:

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.SetResponseCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetResponseCharacterEncodingFilter.java:62)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.JiveActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(JiveActionContextCleanUp.java:46)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.SetRequestCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetRequestCharacterEncodingFilter.java:73)

org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrWebContextFilter.doFilter(DwrWebContextFilter.java:91)

com.jivesoftware.community.upgrade.UpgradeFilter.doFilter(UpgradeFilter.java:43)

com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:71)

com.jivesoftware.community.web.filter.ApplicationInitializedFilter.doFilter(ApplicationInitializedFilter.java:95)

com.jivesoftware.base.database.dao.DAOContextCleanUpFilter.doFilter(DAOContextCleanUpFilter.java:32)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)

java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception