9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2007 1:31 PM by cgravelle

Where did Blog attachments in 1.2 (non X) go?

It may be that I am missing some setting somewhere, but when we were testing Clearspace 1.1.1 I could add attachments to our blog posts. This allowed us to add embedded images in posts as discussed in another thread. Now with version 1.2, while I can add attachments to wiki documents, I cannot add them to blog posts.

Was this removed? Is it a setting I can't seem to find anywhere? Or is there a new recommended procedure for adding images in Clearspace 1.2 blogs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

• Re: Where did Blog attachments in 1.2 (non X) go?

Hi,

The image adding to blog posts has been moved from 'attachments' to 'insert image.' The way to insert an image is by clicking on the picture icon, located right next to the text color button (looks like a Polaroid picture).

Cheers,

Will

It seems that I am missing the 'insert image' icon?

http://www.branhamgroup.com/tmp/editor.png

Is there some setting that I need to add to get the full capabilities? Clearspace 1.2 was a fresh install and test so these are not custom templates left over from 1.1.1.

Any thoughts?

That is strange. Which app server are you using?

Which web browser are you using? If it is Firefox. will you install firebug and see if you receive any errors on the blog post page?

I am using Tomcat 5.5.23 with JRE 1.5.0_11.

It is the same in both firefox 2.0.0.4 and IE 6. I do have firebug installed. I turned on all errors and warnings for the console, and cleared it before selecting the blog I wanted to add to and clicked the create new blog button. This is what I got.

Error in parsing value for property 'width'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 103)

Error in parsing value for property 'width'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 551)

Error in parsing value for property 'width'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 552)

Error in parsing value for property 'width'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 858)

Error in parsing value for property 'width'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 859)

Error in parsing value for property 'height'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 1007)

Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. jive-global.css (line 2208)

Unknown property 'filter'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 2362)

Unknown property '-khtml-opacity'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 2364)

Unknown property 'filter'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 2373)

Unknown property '-khtml-opacity'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 2375)

Expected declaration but found '#'. Skipped to next declaration. jive-global.css (line 2443)

Unknown property 'filter'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 2501)

Unknown property 'background-repeat-y'. Declaration dropped. jive-global.css (line 2502)

Unknown property 'filter'. Declaration dropped. editor_ui.css (line 72)

Unknown property 'filter'. Declaration dropped. editor_ui.css (line 87)

Error in parsing value for property 'white-space'. Declaration dropped. jive-compose.css (line 320)

Error in parsing value for property 'padding-top'. Declaration dropped. jive-compose.css (line 565)

Expected declaration but found '#'. Skipped to next declaration. jive-compose.css (line 651)

Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. jive-internal.css (line 316)

Error in parsing value for property 'position'. Declaration dropped.

POST http://domain.com/clearspace/dwr/call/plaincall/WikiTextConverter.convertFromWiki.dwr (266ms)engine.js (line 684)

Unknown property 'scrollbar-3dlight-color'. Declaration dropped. editor_content.cs... (line 50)

Unknown property 'scrollbar-arrow-color'. Declaration dropped. editor_content.cs... (line 51)

Unknown property 'scrollbar-base-color'. Declaration dropped. editor_content.cs... (line 52)

Unknown property 'scrollbar-darkshadow-color'. Declaration dropped. editor_content.cs... (line 53)

Unknown property 'scrollbar-face-color'. Declaration dropped. editor_content.cs... (line 54)

Unknown property 'scrollbar-highlight-color'. Declaration dropped. editor_content.cs... (line 55)

Unknown property 'scrollbar-shadow-color'. Declaration dropped. editor_content.cs... (line 56)

Unknown property 'scrollbar-track-color'. Declaration dropped. editor_content.cs... (line 57)

Just as an FYI, I checked the New Document editor and the image button is there and works correctly. It just seems to be blogs that it appears not be be working with.

I upgraded the JRE to 1.6.0_01 and I get the same result.

I also downloaded and ran the clearspace 1.2 standalone version using my exiting jiveHome and mysql database (including all the settings within it) and I get the same issue. So it doesn't appear to be the version of Java or the version of tomcat since tomcat in standalone is different than the one I was using. I also used the stand alone version on another system with JRE 1.6 (different jiveHome and mysql database) and the button was there when using the same browser that I was using for the non working setup. Therefore, I can only imagine that it is something in the settings somewhere!

If there are any tables I can dump for you or any files from within the jiveHome directory that would help, please let me know.

If there is anything else that you need, please let me know.

It must be a setting somewhere in the database! With the exact same setup (tomcat, JRE), I backed up my database and jiveHome, cleared them and created them from scratch. I did not redeploy the war file. The only thing that changed were the database and jiveHome. The add image icon is now in the Blog editor. I still get all the same reporting in firebug as listed above, but the icon now works.

I restored and applied my themes in jiveHome, and the skin.default.headerHTML, skin.default.footerHTML, skin.default.useDefaultFooterHTML, and skin.default.DisplayFullNames system properties and the icon was still there so I know its nothing in my themes causing the issue. I restored my database (original) so that all my users, groups, and content were back, and the icon disappeared. Again, only from the blog. If I then restore the new database the icon comes back.

Can I restore tables from my original database one at a time? I figure there are some relationships that would require multiple tables to be restored at a time. A better question is, are there any specific tables that you would like me to try restoring first (where the issue is likely to be) so that we can see if we can isolate the property that is causing the issue? I am happy to help, but a starting point would be appreciated.

I would like to get this resolved because if I recreate all my data (which at this point is not much), and it happens again in the future with much more data, I would like to know how to fix it.

Thanks.