3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 12:39 AM by bzsolt

Security on What's New, and Top Contributors

Using the examples provided in the Clearspace Administrators Guide, I've set up spaces which allow only designated groups access, which seems to be working fine.

When a user logs in they see only the spaces for which they have been designated.  However, in the What's New section they see items across all spaces.  If they attempt access they receive an 'Unauthorized' message.

I have a similar issue with the Top Contributors section.  It shows users from other spaces which may be slightly confusing for users.

Is there a way prevent users from seeing What's New items from other secured spaces?

Thank you

• Re: Security on What's New, and Top Contributors

hi G Schaeffer,

When a user logs in they see only the spaces for which they have been designated. However, in the What's New section they see items across all spaces. If they attempt access they receive an 'Unauthorized' message.

The What's New section should definitely honor the permissions that you've set for spaces. If you're seeing content from a space that you don't have permission to see in the What's New section, that's a bug.  Is there a chance that the person you're doing this testing with has the system administrator permission?

I have a similar issue with the Top Contributors section. It shows users from other spaces which may be slightly confusing for users.

The What's New / homepage in Clearspace will always show Top Contributors from all spaces, it's a reflection of the system and the total points a user has gained across the system.  Once you get into a space the Top Contributors is specific to a space.

Cheers,

AJ

Thanks ajohnson1200.  No, the person does not have admin permission.  However, your response clued be in on the right issue.  I needed to explicitly deny more permissions from the Registered Users permissions for the workspace. 

Once I denied the Read Document permission, the documents stopped showing up, or at least most of them.  I'm still trying to figure out how to stop the blog entries and uploaded files from displaying.  I don't really see any permissions for them in the Space Permissions section.

Hi Garrett

tried to contact you many ways about a domain (software-compare.com) you purchased from me in 2008 but still haven't transfered away from me. Contact me pls ASAP!

Bests

Zsolt