5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2007 4:37 PM by Will

Clearspace 1.3.0 port number

I downloaded the Windows installer (jive_clearspace_windows_1_3_0.exe) from www.jivesoftware.com

There is an installation option that allowed me to specify the port number for the Clearspace (Jetty) server.   I entered port 7777 and finished the installation.

When I start Clearspace, it attempts to use port 8080.  It does not use the 7777 port that I specified during installation.

I inspected C:\Program Files\Clearspace\logs\stderror.log and I see this stack trace:

2007-07-26 09:51:35.743::WARN:  failed Server@1087d61

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source)

at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:198)

at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:251)

at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:233)

at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:221)

at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)

at com.jivesoftware.community.server.CommunityServer.startup(CommunityServer.java:112)

at com.jivesoftware.community.server.CommunityServer.<init>(CommunityServer.java:65)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.jivesoftware.community.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:122)

at com.jivesoftware.community.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:63)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)

Is there an easy way to tell Clearspace to use port 7777?

Sean

p.s. - see you at BeerForge!

• Re: Clearspace 1.3.0 port number

The installer created a clearspace.conf file:

C:\Documents and Settings\scsullivan\Local Settings\Application Data\Jive Software\Clearspace\conf\clearspace.conf

This is the contents of the conf file:

1. This file stores bootstrap properties needed by the Clearspace server.

2. Property names must be in the format: "prop.name.is.blah=value"

clearspace.server.domain=pbb273188.cnf.prod.cnf.com

clearspace.server.port=7777

1. Uncomment this if you want the server bound to only a specific network interface

#clearspace.network.interface=

1. Location of main admin page -->

clearspace.admin.location=clearspace/admin/main.jsp

1. Sets the default jiveHome -->

clearspace.jiveHome=C\:
          Documents and Settings
          scsullivan
          Local Settings
          Application Data
          Jive Software
          Clearspace
          jiveHome

Question:  why is Clearspace ignoring the clearspace.conf file that was created by the Clearspace installer?

I'm still looking for a workaround.   My clearspace.conf file specifies port 7777 yet the Clearspace server is trying to bind to port 8080

Note:  I am running Clearspace as a Windows service.

Hi sullis,

You have explored everything correctly, and the problem is a bug with the installer. The problem is that it is looking for the configuration file in the wrong place; instead of looking in the place where it creates it:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Jive Software\Clearspace\conf\clearspace.conf),

it is looking for it at:

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Jive Software\Clearspace\conf\clearspace.conf

So, as a workaround for 1.3, copy your 'Jive Software' folder from "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\" to "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\"

You may need to adjust your folder permissions for 'LocalService' by unchecking 'Hide protected operating system files' to navigate to the correct directory.

This has been is fixed for 1.4.

Cheers,

Will