1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2007 10:40 PM by ajohnson1200

Setup error

I'm setting up an eval server and keep getting the following error on the step when you choose the user authentication method.  I have tried both default and LDAP and get the same error.

I'm using Tomcat 6 with the war file.  Hosting the Database on an Oracle server.   I've edited the error for space but here's the important stuff i think:

•   Status Code: 500

• Exception Type: null

• Error Message: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.jivesoftware.community.impl.DbCommunity

• Request URI: /clearspacex/admin/setup/setup.other!default.jspa

• Stack Trace:

o com.jivesoftware.community.lifecycle.JiveApplication.initialize(JiveApplication.java:85)

o com.jivesoftware.community.action.setup.OtherSettingsSetupAction.prepare(OtherSettingsSetupAction.java:149)

o com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.PrepareInterceptor.before(PrepareInterceptor.java:106)

• com.jivesoftware.community.JiveRuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.jivesoftware.community.impl.DbCommunity

• Re: Setup error

hi rpowell,

That's a strange error. Can you confirm that you have at least one record in the jiveCommunity table?

select count(*) FROM jiveCommunity

If you have zero rows in that table or if the table doesn't exist, then chances are the database schema wasn't initialized properly (maybe the user you're connected to Oracle with doesn't have the permission to create tables?).

Cheers,

AJ