2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2007 11:22 PM by mmw

Deployment - Simplified?

Appreciate your help here. Im am very impressed with this software from mile high view.

I have a couple of questions (call me a beginner)

Our environment is windows 2003 only (single domain), we run SQL 2000 and are really IIS based.

I have the following questions:

1. Can I install this on a decidated system running windows 2003 server - It will host the DB+IIS server (single server for all app)

2. Do I need the app server component or can I just install the "Clearspace App" on the DB server and use IIS to deliver it?

3. I have approx 20 users and 50G of Files I wish to consolidate (rather than files share)

Please feel free to comment in anyway you see it.

I appreciate your help here

thanks

Mike

• Re: Deployment - Simplified?

hi Mike,

Can I install this on a decidated system running windows 2003 server - It will host the DB+IIS server (single server for all app)

Yeah, that's obviously not the ideal configuration (it's always better to have a separate DB server and web server), but we do run our intranet version of Clearspace on a single server.

Do I need the app server component or can I just install the "Clearspace App" on the DB server and use IIS to deliver it?

You could use IIS to deliver it, but it would be a lot easier to just use the standalone version of Clearspace that includes the app server, which would then run against your SQL Server on the same box.

I have approx 20 users and 50G of Files I wish to consolidate (rather than files share)

Files in Clearspace are stored in the database and cached on the file system (when necessary) so as long as you have enough disk space on this server, you should be fine.

Cheers,

AJ