5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2007 1:27 AM by aznidin

Could not load ? with id: ?

I'm using CS 1.5. The jive.debug.log contains periodical occurances of such errors:

2007.08.26 05:13:48 Could not load forum thread with id: 1002

com.jivesoftware.community.ForumThreadNotFoundException: Thread 1002 could not be loaded from the database.

2007.08.26 05:13:48 Could not load document with id: 1001

com.jivesoftware.community.DocumentObjectNotFoundException: Document 1001 could not be loaded from the database.

2007.08.26 05:13:48 Could not load blogPost with id: 1033

com.jivesoftware.community.BlogPostNotFoundException: BlogPost 1033 could not be loaded from the database.

The IDs don't exist in the corresponding table. Obviously, these IDs are obtained from some other referenced tables. How can I manually remove these references?

• Re: Could not load ? with id: ?

These errors appear to be generated by user attempts to access objects that don't exist (perhaps some dead links to these pages from external sources.)

You could verify this by attempting to navigate to a page that doesn't exist (e.g. /thread/1002), and watch your log for the error.

If this is the case, there's not really anything you can do about it (though there is no real impact other than some more noise in your log.)

Let me know if you have any other questions

Cheers,

Chase

Thanks for replying Chase.

These errors appear to be generated by user attempts

to access objects that don't exist (perhaps some dead

links to these pages from external sources.)

I could confirm that there was no user accessing those dead links. In my setup, I have a server running Apache httpd that redirect (mod.rewrite) access to my tomcat5 port that runs clearspace on the other server. There was no access to the dead links that I could found in httpd logs.

To make sure that I'm not missing anything, I stopped the tomcat, deleted /opt/jiveHome/logs/* and /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out, and restart tomcat. The restart was fine. There was no error in tomcat and clearspace logs, but when I login to clearspaceURL and started to navigate between pages, the errors started to show. The httpd server logs showed no trace of access to dead links and I was the only logged on user at that time.

Any more suggestion?

I'm suspecting that clearspace didn't perform proper clearance when I deleted a document, blog, thread or message. There might be some tables that contain perhaps references to a watched document/blog/etc. That's why I asked about the db tables involved, so that at least I could manually deleted the dead references and try to eliminate the possibility that there might be some bugs in clearspace.

hi aznidin,

You can check the jiveLinkObject table to see if there any any references to those objects.

Cheers,

AJ

Aha! I see from the log file you sent that the problem is here:

om.jivesoftware.community.action.UserBar.loadHistory(UserBar.java:98)

The user bar action loads up items from cookies you've got in your browser. I'd delete your cookies (and possibly also restart your app server) and then the problem will go away.

Cheers,

AJ

You're right, the problem went away indeed!

And Chase was right conceptually in the first place, except that nobody can promptly relates the problem with the cookie thing, forgetting about the cookie codes, perhaps thinking that it is already bullet proof :-).

I think the devs are already starting to look back at the cookie codes, right? They should indeed, because the debugging info is missleading and causing one to think that it is actually a real error.

Thanks guys!