28 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2013 6:35 AM by Ryan Rutan

What's the Problem?

jburke

$jiveapps create abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

=== Creating new Jive App "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"...

Step 1 of 4. Checking availability and creating remote repository... FAILURE

Error on "name":

- |-

Error connecting to Jive Apps Market to check name availability. Please try again.

If problem persists, contact Jive at https://developers.jivesoftware.com

I have tried 5 different instances all resulting in the same error

• Re: What's the Problem?

Jesse Burke,

Thanks for posting this. I'm not sure what's going on.. I was able to create an app using the jiveapps create command.

I will ask the team to take a look and see if there was any outages over the weekend, but there were none that I'm aware of. Would you try again? I'd like to make sure this is not a temporary glitch.

dvdsmpsn

Hi Jesse Burke, I've had the same problem for a number of weeks.

For some reason, this seems to be a bit intermittent--some people have it for some app, but not all.

I'll circle back with David Roe who's helping diagnose these issues and see if we can dig into this further.

Ric Goell, I've created an internal jira for us to hunt this bug down: https://jira.jivesoftware.com/browse/JIVE-22831

jburke

Thanks Mark! I tried about 4 different times and all resulted in the same error. CORRECTED FIRST ERROR  I will try from another server and see if I get same error in the mean time.

Edit: Here is what happened when I tried to do on a non-secured Ubuntu 12.04 LTE VM:

ivai@ubuntu:~$ jiveapps create testofnamenottaken777

=== Creating new Jive App "testofnamenottaken777"...

Step 1 of 4. Checking availability and creating remote repository... SUCCESS

Step 2 of 4. Generating app scaffolding...

NOTE: Gem.cache is deprecated, use Gem::source_index. It will be removed on or after 2011-08-01.

Gem.cache called from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rubigen-1.5.5/lib/rubigen/lookup.rb:284.

NOTE: Gem.source_index is deprecated, use Specification. It will be removed on or after 2011-11-01.

Gem.source_index called from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:1152.

NOTE: Gem::SourceIndex#each is deprecated with no replacement. It will be removed on or after 2011-11-01.

Gem::SourceIndex#each called from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rubigen-1.5.5/lib/rubigen/lookup.rb:284.

Enter App Title or hit enter for default [testofnamenottaken777]: Test

Enter App Description or hit enter for default [Description of testofnamenottaken777]: This is a test

Enter Author Affiliation / Company Name: Red Sky Alliance

create

create  javascripts

create  stylesheets

create  images

create  app.xml

create  canvas.html

create  home.html

create  hello.html

create  stylesheets/main.css

create  javascripts/main.js

create  images/icon16.png

create  images/icon48.png

create  images/icon128.png

Step 3 of 4. Creating local Git repository and pushing to remote... The authenticity of host 'apphosting.jivesoftware.com (209.235.25.147)' can't be established.

RSA key fingerprint is 38:a3:60:d1:7d:f2:b5:22:33:f0:84:91:fd:2f:9d:3a.

Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes

FAILURE

Warning: Permanently added 'apphosting.jivesoftware.com,209.235.25.147' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Git Push failed. Deleting app and cleaning up. Check SSH key and try again:

$ jiveapps keys:list

$ jiveapps keys:remove <user@machine>

$ jiveapps keys:add

$ jiveapps create testofnamenottaken777

!   Errors:

ivai@ubuntu:~$ jiveapps keys:lsit

Unknown command. Run 'jiveapps help' for usage information.

ivai@ubuntu:~$ jiveapps keys:list

=== 2 keys for jburke

******************************************************************************** //masked for my protection
                    ******************************************************************************** //masked for my protection

ivai@ubuntu:~$ jiveapps create testofnamenottaken777

=== Creating new Jive App "testofnamenottaken777"...

Step 1 of 4. Checking availability and creating remote repository... FAILURE

Error on "name":

- has already been taken

So it obviously created now where is the page for https://app-sandbox.jivesoftware.com/apps/yourapp/testofnamenottaken777 ?

Apparently the problem is with my keys --this error is occuring on both actual secured server and Ubuntu 12.04 VM:

ssh -v git@apphosting.jivesoftware.com

OpenSSH_5.5p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0d-fips 8 Feb 2011

debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config

debug1: Applying options for *

debug1: Connecting to apphosting.jivesoftware.com [209.235.25.147] port 22.

debug1: Connection established.

debug1: identity file /home/jburke508/.ssh/id_rsa type 1

debug1: identity file /home/jburke508/.ssh/id_rsa-cert type -1

debug1: identity file /home/jburke508/.ssh/id_dsa type -1

debug1: identity file /home/jburke508/.ssh/id_dsa-cert type -1

debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_4.3

debug1: match: OpenSSH_4.3 pat OpenSSH_4*

debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0

debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.5

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received

debug1: kex: server->client aes128-ctr hmac-md5 none

debug1: kex: client->server aes128-ctr hmac-md5 none

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REPLY

debug1: Host 'apphosting.jivesoftware.com' is known and matches the RSA host key.

debug1: Found key in /home/jburke508/.ssh/known_hosts:4

debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received

debug1: Roaming not allowed by server

debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent

debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic

debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic

reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for 147-209.235.25.appsitehosting.com [209.235.25.147] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!

debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information

Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_500' not found

Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_500' not found

debug1: Next authentication method: publickey

debug1: Offering public key: /home/jburke508/.ssh/id_rsa

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic

debug1: Trying private key: /home/jburke508/.ssh/id_dsa

debug1: No more authentication methods to try.

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).

Please advise on how to fix I think this will also be valuable to the community because when I do a search I see multiple people experiencing both of these issues.

We have corrected a problem with our management of users' public keys resulting in a situation where some were not propagating across the different machines involved. If you were previously experiencing problems with app creation or write-access onto your app repository, I would ask you to retry your attempts and report back if you are still facing issues using the "jiveapps" command line tool.

sowmyapb@virtusa.com

Hi David,

i am having the same issue. earlier it worked fine but suddenly git push is failing with below message

Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

i see the below on debug

i tried jiveapps keys:remove  , jiveapps keys:add. still i see the same

can you please provide me a solution to this.

thanks,

sowmya

Hi Sowmya,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with apphosting. Can you please provide following information?

1. Your username on apphosting. Is it sowmyapb?

2. Which app you are trying use?

3. Here's the partial public key for user sowmyapb. (ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAA.....  FRtMJbs/p6Rg8lw== sowmyapb@virtusa.com) Can you confirm that it matches with your public key?

4. Lastly can you execute ssh -v git@apphosting.jivesoftware.com and send us results?

I can use this info to debug the issue.

deopujes

Hi Uttam/David,

My username on apphosting is deopujes. After executing jiveapps keys:list, I am getting

=== 1 key for deopujes

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC...hwl6tVSQ== deopujes@virtusa.com  as my key.

I am getting the same error as Sowmya's while trying to create my first app. Here is the issue regarding git push fail.

Step 3 of 4. Creating local Git repository and pushing to remote... FAILURE

Git Push failed. Deleting app and cleaning up. Check SSH key and try again:

After execting ssh -v git@apphosting.jivesoftware.com, I am getting below debug message.

OpenSSH_5.3p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0-fips 29 Mar 2010

debug1: Connecting to apphosting.jivesoftware.com [204.93.64.228] port 22.

debug1: permanently_set_uid: 0/0

debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type -1

debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type 1

debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_dsa type -1

debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_5.3

debug1: match: OpenSSH_5.3 pat OpenSSH*

debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3

debug1: Host 'apphosting.jivesoftware.com' is known and matches the RSA host key.

debug1: Found key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:1

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic

debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-keyex

debug1: No valid Key exchange context

Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_0' not found

debug1: Offering public key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic

debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/identity

debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_dsa

I also tried  jiveapps keys:remove deopujes@virtusa.com and jiveapps keys:add commands but the issue persists.Can you please help me in solving this issue? Also, I will be grateful if you can explain what the error actually represents as I am new to Jive, JiveApps and ssh.  Awaiting your reply eagerly.

Thanks

Shankar

Hi Shankar,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Let me try to give you some background on apphosting and git and ssh.

• ssh - SSH (Secure Shell) is a protocol used for network communication between your machine and apphosting server. It basically involves your machine generating a key pair (private and public) and sharing public key with remote server. More details on ssh can be found at Secure Shell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                  • gitolite - Gitolite helps jive manage git source repositories for your apps. Whenever app is created using "jiveapps create" command, in the background jive creates a new git repository and grants access to you. More details on gitolite can be found at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gitolite
                                  • apphosting - is a web app authored by Jive that manages app developer user accounts / app information and git repository grants.
                                  • jiveapps - is a command line tool provided by Jive that talks to apphosting and helps app developers to manage apps and app repositories (create, delete, collaborate, etc)

In order for the system to work correctly we need to make sure,

1. The public key of your account is passed to apphosting and placed correctly on jive gitolite server
                                    1. The jiveapps keys:remove / keys:add and keys:list command help you with that. After looking at jiveapps keys:list output, I would assume that step is executed correctly
                                  2. When you use the git commands, the associated private key is used for ssh communication
                                    1. While looking at output of "ssh -v git@apphosting.jivesoftware.com", I can see that "/root/.ssh/id_dsa" key is being offered during communication. Are you logged in as "root" to your machine? You might want to try logging in as deopujes@virtusa.com
                                    2. Alternatively, just for testing, you can try "ssh -v -i <location of deopujes@virtusa.com private key> git@apphosting.jivesoftware.com" to see if your key is working. NOTE: You need to use your private key (~/.ssh/id_rsa and NOT ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub)

Regards,

Uttam

deopujes

Hi Uttam,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explaination. Regarding the issue,I don't think logging in as deopujes@virtusa.com is necessary as some of my teammates are logged in as "root" and they are able to create jiveapps without any difficulty. And, after executing ssh -v -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa git@apphosting.jivesoftware.com, I got my output as following.

OpenSSH_5.3p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0-fips 29 Mar 2010

debug1: Connecting to apphosting.jivesoftware.com [204.93.64.228] port 22.

debug1: permanently_set_uid: 0/0

debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type 1

debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_5.3

debug1: match: OpenSSH_5.3 pat OpenSSH*

debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3

debug1: Found key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:1

debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-keyex

debug1: No valid Key exchange context

Can you please help me in solving my issue as soon as possible as your previous solution didn't seem to help much. Thanks a lot. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Shankar

jayati453

Hi,

I am getting this error. Please help me.

error.jpg

Please help me here . Only enabling port 22 doesn't work.

kcastillo

Hi all,

I'm getting same error as Shankar. I tried all the instructions listed and I have similar results:

1. I am able to login into https://developers.jivesoftware.com using my credentials but get an authentication failure when I execute jiveapps keys:listor jiveapps create <appname>.

2. For this: curl -i https://apphosting.jivesoftware.com/ssh_keys -u username:password I get:

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Content-Type: text/html

Connection: keep-alive

X-Powered-By: Phusion Passenger (mod_rails/mod_rack) 3.0.7

X-Runtime: 0.002652

Content-Length: 728

Server: nginx/1.0.3 + Phusion Passenger 3.0.7 (mod_rails/mod_rack)

Set-Cookie: cookie_jive=***==; path=/

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<title>The page you were looking for doesn't exist (404)</title>

<style type="text/css">

body { background-color: #fff; color: #666; text-align: center; font-family: arial, sans-serif; }

div.dialog {

width: 25em;

padding: 0 4em;

margin: 4em auto 0 auto;

border: 1px solid #ccc;

border-right-color: #999;

border-bottom-color: #999;

}

h1 { font-size: 100%; color: #f00; line-height: 1.5em; }

</style>

</head>

<body>

<!-- This file lives in public/404.html -->

<div class="dialog">

<h1>The page you were looking for doesn't exist.</h1>

<p>You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.</p>

</div>

</body>

</html>