1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2007 9:53 AM by ajohnson1200

ClearSpaceX & LDAP integration

Hi!

We are planning to integrate out clearspaceX to company LDAP database which contains user information for the users. I have browsed through the JIve webpages about the LDAP integration, but some issues are still unclear for me.

- User authentication information will come from LDAP after integration, but how about usergroups info. Can I still create own groups to the clearspace and assign users to them to allow them special rights in the system? Or is the group info coming from LDAP somehow?

- After LDAP integration we still have need to create userId to clearspace to some users which are not existing in the LDAP database. Is it possible to have clearspace "local" users also during LDAP integration? Or do I need to get those userId's to LDAP database also?

Answer to these question might have been listed in some document, but I did not found it

Br,

Tommi

• Re: ClearSpaceX & LDAP integration

hi Tommi,

User authentication information will come from LDAP after integration, but how about usergroups info. Can I still create own groups to the clearspace and assign users to them to allow them special rights in the system? Or is the group info coming from LDAP somehow?

You can do either one of the above, but not both at the same time.  In Clearspace 1.7 (out in three weeks) we've added a really nice set of options that give you the choice of either using the groups you've set up in LDAP OR using groups that you create in Clearspace. Previous to Clearspace 1.7, if you want to use Clearspace groups, you'll need to set the jive property 'GroupManager.className' to the value:

DbGroupManager.class

and then restart your app server.

After LDAP integration we still have need to create userId to clearspace to some users which are not existing in the LDAP database. Is it possible to have clearspace "local" users also during LDAP integration? Or do I need to get those userId's to LDAP database also?

No, it's not possible to have local users and ldap users, you'll need to get the userID's into the LDAP database first and then give users the ability to login.

Cheers,

AJ